Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Aye, he does look unfit and it's a problem. Also he's absolutely gash at winning the ball back. His "Hollywood" passes are quality most of the time. When it comes to passing he's superior in our squad.

I heard a little whisper when he signed that the problem with him is he likes his lager a bit too much,came from quite a credible source as well.

Same.

Was spotted necking pints with Carroll in town not long after he signed IIRC

I heard a little whisper when he signed that the problem with him is he likes his lager a bit too much,came from quite a credible source as well.

Same.

Was spotted necking pints with Carroll in town not long after he signed IIRC

The Diamond in Ponteland. More than once he's been smashed in there, actually.

I'd honestly sell him if we could get someone in with the ability to cover more ground and a better short passing game who doesn't hide like the rest of our midfield. I always feel that he knows he doesn't have the ability to keep up with anyone running at him so takes the lazy option and just gives away cheap free kicks. Also he frustrated me when he came on against Fulham, seemed more interested in fighting with one of their players than getting a goal back.

He was in the bar at Aintree a few nights before we got done at Southampton

Went out drinking all night and had few hours sleep and then helicopter to training, turned up still pissed. Still started that game as team had prepared like that all week - hasn't started since under Rafa.

I've said it before but I don't like the guy at all. He acts like a spoilt child. Can't see him being the best influence in the dressing room, especially if he's on the drink. Shelvey's only quality is his great passing technique but it's as if he's only focused on displaying that. Audacious long balls with the outside of the foot, as if he has to constantly prove how world class he is on that shit. Zero thought about the receiver's position, the opposition, the tempo of the attack etc..

I dislike him almost as much as Colback, although I'd obviously prefer Shelvey.

He's also one of our highest earners (80k and no relegation clause) if the media are to be believed. We're stuck with him unless some miracle deadline day loan bid comes in.

Well, if all these stories about him being a pisshead are true, it's a bit of a worry. 

That said.  He's the only centre mid, that seems to understand that we have to pass the ball forwards from time to time.  Painful as fuck watching everyone crab it and knock it sideways all night. 

Shelvey's demeanour and attitude make it hard to like him.  But what I like about him is, he isn't afraid to try more expansive stuff or keep looking for the ball, even when he's playing badly, or the team are.  That God awful free kick at the end, kind of proving that point :lol:  At least he is taking on some of the burden of trying to create chances.  Now if he could just get his lungs in order, that would be grand.

Well, if all these stories about him being a pisshead are true, it's a bit of a worry. 

That said.  He's the only centre mid, that seems to understand that we have to pass the ball forwards from time to time.  Painful as f*** watching everyone crab it and knock it sideways all night. 

Shelvey's demeanour and attitude make it hard to like him.  But what I like about him is, he isn't afraid to try more expansive stuff or keep looking for the ball, even when he's playing badly, or the team are.  That God awful free kick at the end, kind of proving that point :lol:  At least he is taking on some of the burden of trying to create chances.  Now if he could just get his lungs in order, that would be grand.

Totally agree with this.