Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Just put my tin foil hat on and realised that the FA are using Shelveys fine to pay for their own fine they have just been saddled with.

Guest firetotheworks

Surely you can't get banned for calling someone a cous cous nonce? Jesus wept.

Worlds gone mad if that is actually true

You've been told that it was made up by Interpolic in this thread at least three times now. Fucking hell.

Not even sure what we can do for monday if Colback is still out.

Wouldn't want to move Diame after last couple of games. Wouldn't ever want Anita back in there.

Despite our strength in depth, we're actually short in midfield.

Is this it, just read it? [emoji38]

5 game ban for saying "Speak English you ****ing prick."

Talk about going over the top. And the player himself never made the complaint.

Is that really racist abuse though????

It's no couscous nonce.

If anything the last few years on social media and 4chan trolls have taught us, it's incredibly easy to spread fake news. If the person(s) on this board went on and on about this whole cous cous nonce thing without immediately coming clean that it was a made up joke, you can't have multiple posts about it from multiple users and then act all "lulz" when some people actually believe it. It's a childish, c*** move, and belongs on 4/8chan, not on N-O.

I was told about the cous cous nonce thing in good faith, and the person who told me has some pretty decent sources and is still adamant that's what was said.

Oh okay, that's different then. And I definitely give it more credibility now that you've actually mentioned how it came about. So then why are some members on here acting as if it's one big forum joke and everyone who believed it is an idiot?

Have we any reliable source for what the FA asserts he has said? If not speculation is ridiculous. If a sunderland player had the same happen everyone would be calling him a racist twat. As a fan I am willing to extend to him the benefit of the doubt if he is appealing and if he does have to serve it, after he's served his suspension and hope none of this shit happens again. I won't lie I don't have Shelvey down as the smartest in the world would not surprise me if he did it and I'd rather we didn't play any racists, but since there is so much doubt  :dontknow:

Given-up on trying to catch-up on this thread a few pages back, but in case it is at risk of fizzling-out (God-forbid...) is calling somebody a 'skin-colour/ethnicity 'expletive, any worse than calling somebody a 'baldy/ginger/working-class/posh/lanky/nationally' expletive? All potentially damaging (to self-esteem) all making a judgement on or drawing attention to something the person can't change.

Someone rang Totalsport earlier and said Shelvey (and any footballer who abuses/racially abuses another player) should be banned from football for life, and be hit with a much bigger fine.  :idiot2:

This caller said he didn't follow football, and had never been to a match. Guessing he was a mackem.

Given-up on trying to catch-up on this thread a few pages back, but in case it is at risk of fizzling-out (God-forbid...) is calling somebody a 'skin-colour/ethnicity 'expletive, any worse than calling somebody a 'baldy/ginger/working-class/posh/lanky/nationally' expletive? All potentially damaging (to self-esteem) all making a judgement on or drawing attention to something the person can't change.

Time to lock the thread again.

Given-up on trying to catch-up on this thread a few pages back, but in case it is at risk of fizzling-out (God-forbid...) is calling somebody a 'skin-colour/ethnicity 'expletive, any worse than calling somebody a 'baldy/ginger/working-class/posh/lanky/nationally' expletive?

Yes

Someone rang Totalsport earlier and said Shelvey (and any footballer who abuses/racially abuses another player) should be banned from football for life, and be hit with a much bigger fine.  :idiot2:

This caller said he didn't follow football, and had never been to a match. Guessing he was a mackem.

Dead giveaway tbh.

Time to lock the thread again.

At least we'll be able to have a game of 'Is it racist or are you a vile liberal fucktard?' when the report is released.