Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He's an upgrade on Colback. So im happy with it. Hope this one happens because his offensive side of his game is positive.

Also if he does well and goes to the euros we'll have one newcastle player for England which is cool [emoji38]

Like Colback will be dropped man, no way.  [emoji38]

he's an upgrade on our cm options full stop

You and i would have been a upgrade on that pathetic excuse of a CM man.

Not sold on Shelvey at all, never rated him that much. Also, not fancy enough name, if he was named Pedro Gonzales mind...  :drool:  [emoji38]

I guess i have to wait and see.

"Jonjo Shelvy" seems like a much fancier name to me than "Pedro Gonzalez." Don't think I've actually ever met someone named Jonjo [emoji38]

You haven't lived

From Graeme Bailey on HITC:

At one point, Newcastle were led to believe that Shelvey wanted wages that would have been in excess of £70,000-a-week and would of made him the highest earner at St James' Park - but the message was quickly relayed to the player that they would not entertain such a deal.

However, Shelvey now appears to have reconsidered his position and will take somewhat less than that - meaning Newcastle would be willing to do the deal, although their former boss Alan Pardew is a confirmed fan of the player and is likely to battle them for his signature.

A source close to the deal told HITC Sport: "The deal was dead in the water last week, it was never an issue between the clubs but was at the player's end, however after thinking it over he has come back to the table and Newcastle are now progressing the deal."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35284347

Swansea City interim manager Alan Curtis has revealed the club will consider selling England midfielder Jonjo Shelvey if they get a firm offer.

League rivals Newcastle are reportedly ready to bid for 23-year-old Shelvey.

"I don't think there have been any firm offers yet. If a firm offer comes in then it's probably something the club would have to consider," Curtis said.

We have too many midfielders and need a striker, not sure the wisdom of selling a player to a relegation rival, even though he's playing like a blind old lady at the moment, you know he'll get back to his best form as soon as he moves, even if its only until he gets p*ssed off again.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/162505/page:1#.VpQQyvkrJD8

our proper site not that Jack Army shite

Guest Phillipealbert

In my humble opinion, I think he's shite and he seems to have a fairly poor attitude too.

Stephen Ireland MkII?

Hope I'm wrong though...

We have too many midfielders and need a striker, not sure the wisdom of selling a player to a relegation rival, even though he's playing like a blind old lady at the moment, you know he'll get back to his best form as soon as he moves, even if its only until he gets p*ssed off again.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/162505/page:1#.VpQQyvkrJD8

our proper site not that Jack Army s****

whats your thoughts on him groo?

From Graeme Bailey on HITC:

At one point, Newcastle were led to believe that Shelvey wanted wages that would have been in excess of £70,000-a-week and would of made him the highest earner at St James' Park - but the message was quickly relayed to the player that they would not entertain such a deal.

However, Shelvey now appears to have reconsidered his position and will take somewhat less than that - meaning Newcastle would be willing to do the deal, although their former boss Alan Pardew is a confirmed fan of the player and is likely to battle them for his signature.

A source close to the deal told HITC Sport: "The deal was dead in the water last week, it was never an issue between the clubs but was at the player's end, however after thinking it over he has come back to the table and Newcastle are now progressing the deal."

A 23-year-old who is surplus to requirements at his own club asking for 70k a week (if this report is true) is fucking atrocious.

Word is that he has played his last game for them. Sounds like a deal could be close.

Personally, I think he's better than average and he's still young. Needless to say,  he's an improvement on what we have.

What's the chances that McClaren wants to play him behind the striker?

Haven't got a clue what our full strength starting midfield is going to be if slope is comes in anarl. Will be interesting.

We will drop a striker or defender to accommodate Colback don't worry.

Wijnaldum                                        Sissoko

Colback  Shelvey    Saviet 

Honestly I am not sure. I can't see him dropping Colback.  Hopefully replace Colback with Perez and use Gini as #10. If he ever stays fit Aarons would be in with a shout too.

Still not sure why I am entertaining ideas. I am still sure he isn't coming.

I still don't think we've made these signings based on a certain shape or way we want to play, I think we've identified CM as a glaring hole and we're gonna let McC fit these two in in whatever manner he can.

If he continues with Gini LW and Colback in the center, I am not sure how these two signings will change things much for us :(