Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

People really don't talk about him like they talk about those players

Someone suggested him missing 3 games could decide whether go down or stay up. As if Shelvey is a match-winner or that crucial to the team. There's only a few lads that should even be guaranteed a first team berth - that's down to a lack of quality rather than their own and Shelvey isn't one of them.

:lol::lol: absolute drivel. Fuck off Alan.

Hate him more for the fact that Colback has moved up a place now for 3 games

s*** - forgot about that.

Still won't make the bench next weekv

Did I miss something? He's not in the 25 man squad which can't be amended until January now, is he not?

Should be fined 10 weeks wages and sent to train with the reserves/solo whilst we are training for the games he misses. He's done stupid things like this too often for simple warning not to work.

Followed by a loan to Hull City imo

So he was made captain and he starts the season off with a red card like that?

What a way to reward Rafa man. This guy is unbelievable.

Him and Mitrovic just can't be relied on to control themselves. Hate this kind of streak in a player.

We had already lost two first team players to injury and he does that? Losing to Tottenham would have been dissapointing as it is, but no huge disgrace, especially as we were representing ourselves so well.

All of a sudden though we are down three first team players going into the next few games! Just incredible really.

Big chance for Merino and my God I am hoping he really shines and keeps Shelvey out of the team for a good while going forward. Disgustingly irresponsible person man. Lost a massive amount of respect for the guy. Cannot be trusted at all.

So he was made captain and he starts the season off with a red card like that?

What a way to reward Rafa man. This guy is unbelievable.

Him and Mitrovic just can't be relied on to control themselves. Hate this kind of streak in a player.

We had already lost two first team players to injury and he does that? Losing to Tottenham would have been dissapointing as it is, but no huge disgrace, especially as we were representing ourselves so well.

All of a sudden though we are down three first team players going into the next few games! Just incredible really.

Big chance for Merino and my God I am hoping he really shines and keeps Shelvey out of the team for a good while going forward. Disgustingly irresponsible person man. Lost a massive amount of respect for the guy. Cannot be trusted at all.

Harsh on Mitro to categorise him in the same bucket as Shelvey. Shelvey was brain-dead yesterday, and decided with full intent to stamp on a player. That to me is a massive character flaw of Shelvey, that requires a lot of growing up and character development to suppress.

Usually with Mitro, it's more a case of him being over-passionate, wanting to prove himself in the minutes he gets and finding it hard to control the fire and desire to compete. But never a stupid intentional decision to break the rules with an offence that results you getting sent off. Also Mitro has shown improvement in his discipline.

This is not the first time.  How can people not giving him up?

Seems to be a common thing that people are towing this line. I'm trying to recall his other incidents, the Lansbury incident, which was absolutely nothing, which was even overturned. Has he ever been sent off before that playing for us ? I can't recall ? The only other incident was the alleged racism, which was dubious at best and certainly not something that would be held up in a court of law.

So unless someone can answer my honest question (as I don't really know for sure), then this line that he has previous with us, doesn't really hold a lot of water.

This is not the first time.  How can people not giving him up?

Seems to be a common thing that people are towing this line. I'm trying to recall his other incidents, the Lansbury incident, which was absolutely nothing, which was even overturned. Has he ever been sent off before that playing for us ? I can't recall ? The only other incident was the alleged racism, which was dubious at best and certainly not something that would be held up in a court of law.

So unless someone can answer my honest question (as I don't really know for sure), then this line that he has previous with us, doesn't really hold a lot of water.

Can't recall any reds and I agree about the racism thing, but he often gets involved in needless verbals on the pitch and racked up loads of yellows last season. He clearly has a temper on him and sneaky players like Alli and Lansbury will continue to target him.

I don't think Shelvey and Hayden are that good a combination. Both lack pace and the ability to keep possession under pressure. We look quite cumbersome in the middle and Merino will add something different. This could be a blessing in disguise.