Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

It’s usually at this stage he does something stupid.

He could afford to. He's got the job done already.

He can’t really, not if he wants to be anything more than this.

Guest neesy111

In January the calls to sell😂

Fickle bunch in here

Hang on, he wasn't exactly an asset up till then.

Fickle bunch in here

Hang on, he wasn't exactly an asset up till then.

True, but neither was 90% of the squad yet he bore the bulk of the brunt of our frustration as fans (not to say he's antics didn't merit some of it), been a gem last 10 games and really should be at the WC imo. This isn't the Scholes/Lamps/Carick era, current options are genuinely average

Fickle bunch in here

Aye, the arse kissing Merino got on a weekly basis. But in truth Merino stands out but is probably imo a more lazy player.

Since he's been dropped the form has improved.

Meh can't argue with Shelvey's form atm and him and Diame are the best midfield duo we've had in current form for a long while. What also can't be argued is both players aren't exactly consistent across a full season. I'd love them to kick on from here forever but competition for the midfield remains important. Merino does seem to have fallen from grace somewhat and has indeed given some poor showings but he will come again, like Lejeune and indeed Diame Rafa will improve him and could well be a regular in future.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fickle bunch in here

Not really as he was shit to average for a long time and despite his recent very good form, one goal for us in the PL is hardly good going. His form and Diame’s since the turn of the year has been superb, same with the team really. I’d like us to improve in the centre in the summer mind.

Guest chopey

Fickle bunch in here

Football fans are fickle by nature

No we're not !! ..............we maybe...............no definitely not.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll happily admit he's improved massively since Christmas and has played a big part in our good from. Would still want to upgrade though.

This sort of crap from Garth Crooks is the reason why he's not getting the England call up he should be: "Certainly England have no-one with his ability in midfield - he just can't be trusted right now.". Can't be trusted how ? Because he's been sent off in the past, which player hasn't ? Maguire and Kane are two England players who've played us this season who should have both been sent off, but it's OK to include them because the referee in both incidents was awful.

Crooks's team of the week is a load of absolute un-researched garbage, he just looks at the scorers and assist makers couples them with the big team's best players and that's his team. How the guy is employed beats me.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43691601

I think Shelvey will go to the world cup. I don't know why, I just think every manager has their wild card and Shelvey will be Southgates.

He scored in front of the England manager on Saturday, that will do him no harm.

This sort of crap from Garth Crooks is the reason why he's not getting the England call up he should be: "Certainly England have no-one with his ability in midfield - he just can't be trusted right now.". Can't be trusted how ? Because he's been sent off in the past, which player hasn't ? Maguire and Kane are two England players who've played us this season who should have both been sent off, but it's OK to include them because the referee in both incidents was awful.

Crooks's team of the week is a load of absolute un-researched garbage, he just looks at the scorers and assist makers couples them with the big team's best players and that's his team. How the guy is employed beats me.

I have to be honest, I don't enjoy putting players like him in my team. I like footballers and there has been far too much over-physicality where Shelvey has been concerned

This annoyed me as well! Basically saying I hate the guy.

HEATHEN! How dare you speak of The Garth like that. Wash your mouth out.

I think Shelvey will go to the world cup. I don't know why, I just think every manager has their wild card and Shelvey will be Southgates.

He scored in front of the England manager on Saturday, that will do him no harm.

Only 2 more friendlies left before the start of the World Cup though. Not exactly an optimal amount of time to get him in.

If he does go it'll be through injuries to other players.

Alli has the shortest fuse of the lot - he shouldn't go either