Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

If he keeps up this form and doesnt get picked, it just shows dumb the FA and Southgate really are. Especially if Livermore goes

if he plays this way to the end of the season i think he'll be picked myself, there's often a form player that sneaks in

I hope so, because i think he could make a huge difference. Teams will be more likely to keep closer to the more well known players like Kane, Alli and Sterling. Leaving him more time to pick passes out, 2 problems with that is actually getting in the squad and then actually getting onto the pitch

If he keeps up this form and doesnt get picked, it just shows dumb the FA and Southgate really are. Especially if Livermore goes

if he plays this way to the end of the season i think he'll be picked myself, there's often a form player that sneaks in

I hope so, because i think he could make a huge difference. Teams will be more likely to keep closer to the more well known players like Kane, Alli and Sterling. Leaving him more time to pick passes out, 2 problems with that is actually getting in the squad and then actually getting onto the pitch

funnily enough the players england have should be suited to shelvey's game, he should in theory be able to sit back and spray passes to the pace merchants we've got loads of...probably tells me all i need to know about southgate that he's not planning an alternative game such as that

come up against a stronger team what is he going to do?  ideal to change the shape, sit deeper and fuck teams on the counter with shelvey but there you go

Guest taps01

funnily enough the players england have should be suited to shelvey's game, he should in theory be able to sit back and spray passes to the pace merchants we've got loads of...probably tells me all i need to know about southgate that he's not planning an alternative game such as that

come up against a stronger team what is he going to do?  ideal to change the shape, sit deeper and fuck teams on the counter with shelvey but there you go

Completely agree. Alli is completely wasted in an England shirt as we don't have anyone who can find him with his intelligent movement off the ball. Shelvely could be that player.

i don't even rate shelvey that much (though i'm willing to admit his recent form has me macktracking somewhat these days) but you surely have to be a stone cold idiot not to see the damage his passing range could do with that group of players around him

i don't even rate shelvey that much (though i'm willing to admit his recent form has me macktracking somewhat these days) but you surely have to be a stone cold idiot not to see the damage his passing range could do with that group of players around him

He would pick out Stirling, Kane or Rashford every single time.

I think his work rate is fine as well. He wouldn't still be in the team if it was that bad. Against Leicester and Huddersfield he worked his baldy little arse off.

His passing ability and ability to dictate play could be crucial for England and I think he deserves it. His level of consistency has been great compared to when he first signed for us.

Said it before, there's no English player better than him in the middle when he's bothered. Should be a regular starter for England now. He's the player that actually would make all our pace-for-brains forwards actually dangerous.

Keep proving me right, Jonjo :)

Keep proving me right, Jonjo :)

Guest firetotheworks

It just seems daft not to take him now. There's no one aside from maybe Drinkwater who can play balls like Shelvey can on a consistent basis.

What's happened to Drinkwater and the England squad anyway? I asked before but got blanked. I thought he'd be a shoe in.

Does he ever play for Chelsea? Was also surprised to read yesterday that John Stones hasn't started a game for Man City since the middle of January

I'd take Livermore, Cattermole, Jay Spearing and Dean Marney before this bald knacker...if I was a twat and named Gareth.

The consistency of Shelvey's passing is why he should be going. I don't want to make too bold a statement but outside of the Premier League's world class talents such as KDB, I can't think of anyone who rivals Jonjo in that department, of any nationality.

So happy he's enjoying his football here, want him to stay for years to come.

His link up with Gayle was incredible. Kudos to Gayle too. if he could actually become consistently useful after he finds the space and receives the ball he could be great for us. He is really just half a player too often though.

Still feel Jonjo will be on the plane if he keeps this up and doesn't do anything stupid. They would be simply mad not to take him on this form.

Actually felt he was below par today, he gave the ball away cheaply on numerous occasions however those three 50 yard balls to Gayle in the first half were spectacular. No one else in an England shirt can do that. The deep he gets on the ball makes it hard for defenders to intercept.

Actually felt he was below par today, he gave the ball away cheaply on numerous occasions however those three 50 yard balls to Gayle in the first half were spectacular. No one else in an England shirt can do that. The deep he gets on the ball makes it hard for defenders to intercept.

There was more than 3. I counted 6 or 7 throughout the game.

He carved them open on numerous occasions. He can be forgiven for a touch of sloppiness.

I think Arsenal started well and were all over him, Elneny was really pushing up on him as soon as he got the ball and he gave the ball away because of it. Then he got away from them after they scored and started to influence things again. No idea why Arsenal couldn't keep that press up for even one half of football.