Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

What's happened to Drinkwater and the England squad anyway? I asked before but got blanked. I thought he'd be a shoe in.

Does he ever play for Chelsea? Was also surprised to read yesterday that John Stones hasn't started a game for Man City since the middle of January

laporte

It's a shame there are no stats for starting a move that leads to a goal, because he makes so many of those defence splitting balls, yet he's only been credited with 2 assists on the season or something like that. Perez's goal on Sunday once again doesn't happen with his vision to play in Gayle.

It's a shame there are no stats for starting a move that leads to a goal, because he makes so many of those defence splitting balls, yet he's only been credited with 2 assists on the season or something like that. Perez's goal on Sunday once again doesn't happen with his vision to play in Gayle.

isn't that a key pass?  it's a thing now

There's was something Sky put up during the Man Utd game on Sunday in relation to Sanchez. The exact phrase escapes me now (as I was deep into a few pints to celebrating Rafa and the lads) but it was something like "4 goal involvements in his last two games". So I wouldn't be surprised if that's something they are trying to introduce.

Hope he gets a call-up. I think he deserves it, and it can only be his previous misdemeanours that's preventing it. He 100% should be in on form and ability. Also, be nice to have a Newcastle player in the England set-up again, I might even show a bit more interest this time.

He'll go and not play a minute in the 3 games England play

This is my concern, especially if Southgate is pressured into taking him by the media. I can see him being isolated which may bring back some of his daemons.

I don’t think he’s an actual phsychopath yee kna

This is my concern, especially if Southgate is pressured into taking him by the media. I can see him being isolated which may bring back some of his daemons.

I don’t think he’s an actual psychopath yee kna

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EFuwrQaw9NU/UfNduuz197I/AAAAAAAAEB4/gmXTxTfksGQ/s1600/voldemort.jpg

I don’t think he’s an actual phsychopath yee kna

I'm not saying he is. I just don't think he'd enjoy it if he was there, but wasn't involved.

Guest chopey

Yep, I hope he gets a go in one of the friendlies.

I think the friendles are after the squad annoucement.

Yep, I hope he gets a go in one of the friendlies.

I think the friendles are after the squad annoucement.

don't they generally announce 30 or so then trim after final friendlies?

Yes.

He might get into the squad if there are a few injuries, but otherwise I think there are better all-round candidates. He's very one paced, and at World Cup level you can't bank on unlocking a defence with one long pass.

He might get into the squad if there are a few injuries, but otherwise I think there are better all-round candidates. He's very one paced, and at World Cup level you can't bank on unlocking a defence with one long pass.

International football is usually a lot slower than the PL and Shelvey has done really well recently in the Premier League.

Which all round candidates do you think should go?

Southgate is at the Everton game according to the guardian specifically to watch Shelvey. Watch the pressure on him cause him to lose his head or something  :lol:

I had a slight worry like this, but actually think he's turned a corner now. He will be fine, just hope it's a game he shines in. I think he would be brilliant option for England.