Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Steve Bruce has ruined Matt Ritchie. Rafa had him wing back, and I thought he looked good in that position.

I see that he tries, but he's another player that's being set-up to fail in this shitshow.

Players Bruce has ruined; Lejune, Schar, S,Longstaff, Lascelles, Hayden, Almiron, Ritchie...

Players that Bruce has brought, already ruined/not quite ruined; Steve Smith, that 3rd choice Keeper, nobody, and Hendrick (I think he was already faulty when we got him)

It was mentioned in previous page that Shelvey playing for Swansea against Oxford in fa cup and he just standing up at edge of the box huffing and puffing while Oxford players running past him with ease.

The following week he was a Newcastle player, fucking joke this club and their recruitment

at least ritchie can sometimes take a decent free-kick or corner.

would rather have him in the team than shelvey or joelinton just for that as those 2 dont contribute anything else at all.

He’s had two bad injuries since that spell at wing-back and is 31 now. I think he’s finished at this level.

The club has to get more athletic going forward.  Shelvey and Ritchie should have never gotten extensions.  As much as I like what Clarke has done, neither should he.  Manquillo, Krafth and Yedlin have to go.  Dummett needs to go.

The Longstaff's can stay as squad players but the midfield desperately needs an upgrade in both intelligence and athleticism.

Most of all, Brewce has to go.  The Longstaff's have regressed under him.  Lewis hasn't a chance to develop under him never mind all the youngsters who will get stunted by his cabbage-headed tactical noir.

The club is an absolute shambles and is near complete and total collapse.

IF we did somehow get a takeover and a decent manager and the target was to get top half how many of this shower would be worth keeping around at a top 10 PL club? 4 or 5 of them at a push which says it all.

Dubravka, ASM, Almirón, Wilson, Schar, and Lascelles.

The Longstaff brothers as back up.

IF we did somehow get a takeover and a decent manager and the target was to get top half how many of this shower would be worth keeping around at a top 10 PL club? 4 or 5 of them at a push which says it all.

Dubravka, ASM, Almirón, Wilson, Schar, and Lascelles.

The Longstaff brothers as back up.

Lascelles isn’t a top half player in my opinion like. I don’t think the Longstaff brothers are ever going to make PL central midfielders.

I will give you the rest even though I’m no Almiron fan as he has little quality or end product. So that’s about 5 mid table level PL players. Add in about 7 bottom end PL players and the other 8/9 players that make up or squad  are championship level players then we are always going to be around 13th-18th with this squad.

around the 1st team: ASM, CW, Almiron, Schar, Lejeune, Lascelles, Dubs, Hayden

squad players:  Lewis, Longstaffs, Darlow,

Dubs

RB  Lascelles  Schar/Lejuene  LB

Hayden

CM              CM

Almiron                            ASM

Wilson

I know Almiron isn't comfortable on the right but he's just gonna have to get used to it as I feel that's where he can help the team the most.

The midfielders have to be industrious and clever players and I'd want the offense to run through them.  In FM parlance one would be a BBM and the other would be a slightly more advanced playmaker. 

Absolute first decision in any team selection should be, how to avoid playing Shelvey. Hayden has to play in midfield, we’re neutralising our only competent CM for absolutely no gain.

Well I said this in the pre-match, but hey, Steve's the one with the coaching badge.

Shelvey biggest attribute is his long range passing, he doesn't really offer anything other then that, and Schar and Lejeune offer that exact same thing to a similar level. So when we are playing as a 3, he tends to get bypassed, he doesn't get forward enough to offer an additional attacking threat, he doesnt sit back or defend well enough, to be in the team. He's just a pure passenger.