Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

“Like we obviously played Leeds at St James’ Park about a month ago now, and that Rodrigo fella was in the middle mate and he was meant to be playing centre-midfield and he was just all over the place,” Shelvey said.

“I said to him ‘geez can you just stand still for one minute, because you’re just running around like a nutcase.’ Some of it was just pointless running as well and he goes ‘I must do, I must do, my manager says I must do.’

“I couldn’t play for Leeds,” Shelvey concluded.

No shit, Sherlock.

Thought he played really well, at least for periods of time, while Rafa was manager. He seems to have completely fallen off now though.

He seems to be reliant on having teammates who actually make decent runs in a team that has some attacking intent or at the very least a plan going forward.

“Like we obviously played Leeds at St James’ Park about a month ago now, and that Rodrigo fella was in the middle mate and he was meant to be playing centre-midfield and he was just all over the place,” Shelvey said.

“I said to him ‘geez can you just stand still for one minute, because you’re just running around like a nutcase.’ Some of it was just pointless running as well and he goes ‘I must do, I must do, my manager says I must do.’

No shit, Sherlock.

WTF  :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least the lazy git will get a card off Mike Dean for his birthday tonight!

No shit, Sherlock.

9uEOsOS.jpg

Rf0640a814ee9297b4aa6955ef0e2a32b?rik=A5S0a%2bG0GFKH2A&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.reactiongifs.us%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2013%2f05%2fslow_clap_vanderbeek.gif&ehk=h9iz%2bqiaWFEg0RW%2fT51XOZXbLhMmou4ZGxduR3XF%2f%2fk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

No s***, Sherlock.

Is that quote actually real? 😂

Horrendous take if true.

Guest ManDoon

No shit, Sherlock.

:lol: holy shit is that real?

The truly terrifying thing there isn't just how bad Shelvey & Hendrick are but how they're apparently both worse midfielders than Joelinton, who I'm not convinced is even a footballer.

Joelinton might not be much of a striker, but it's no surprise that he actually shows more on the pitch than Shelvey and Hendrick. He's involved a lot more across the pitch, which considering Shelvey and Hendrick are meant to be our engine room, is a joke. No wonder he loves it here, not many modern day managers would tolerate such poor output.

No shit, Sherlock.

Unbelievable comments really like.

The standards set at our club are utterly abysmal.

No shit, Sherlock.

Ringing endorsement of Bruce's cutting edge methods that. :lol:

About time he was shown up for the lazy dosser he is. Only really us lot and Swansea fans know how useless he is.

Seems to be this reputation that he’s this creative wizard of midfield.

He’s a liability without the ball, and haven’t seen a slower player in a long while. Even with the ball at his feet he’s at a snails pace. Never used to be quite that bad, always had a little turn of pace and a dribble in him.

Jonjo's so close to piecing it all together it's almost tragic :lol:

"so you run a lot"

"yes"

"and it seems like you've constantly got the ball"

"yes"

"and when you don't, you're in good positions to challenge and win the ball"

"yes"

"hmmmmmm"

Don’t really want to hate him, just don’t want him starting every week for this club.

Just a guess here, but you’d have imagine Rafa would have wanted him gone - an insistence on him staying/unable to sell from board level could have been the one of many things Rafa grew tired of.

Wouldn’t be half as arsed if he was coming off the bench and we were winning games most weeks, but Jonjo Shelvey is not what a team like ours at the moment needs.