Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

12 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Thanks for the service Jonjo but I'd definitely say it's time to start moving on.

Always wondered if he's even happy here as he really is deadpan in any interview. Might just be his thing I suppose.

Using the term 'service' very loosely these days. 

Think that's just his general attitude, tbh. Ironically he's probably most happy when he's able to not give a shit like yesterday. You can guarantee it was water off a duck's arse while he got to chill in the changing room that little bit earlier than usual. 

8 minutes ago, wormy said:

Using the term 'service' very loosely these days. 

Think that's just his general attitude, tbh. Ironically he's probably most happy when he's able to not give a shit like yesterday. You can guarantee it was water off a duck's arse while he got to chill in the changing room that little bit earlier than usual. 

I know. Just trying to shake my almost vitriolic hate for most things nufc that I had built up over the years.

Rather we just said cheers *insert name* for whatever you've contributed but no thanks.

New positive mindset will take a while to learn

28 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Yeah, I don't really blame him for the 2nd foul in isolation

It's the first one that was incredibly stupid

but even the second one. it would have been 1-4 instead of 1-3. we were never gonna get anything out of the game. but he would have been avaialble for the crystal palace game. whether he would have deserved a starting place is another matter but at least he would have been an option.

Just now, NE27 said:

I know. Just trying to shake my almost vitriolic hate for most things nufc that I had built up over the years.

Rather we just said cheers *insert name* for whatever you've contributed but no thanks.

New positive mindset will take a while to learn

Yeah fair and you're a better person than I. :lol: Was just being facetious really.

A fair and adult stance to take rather than my 'fuck off already you useless tosser'.

I thought he was hilarious yesterday actually. The most Shelvey performance you could ever see. All that was missing was a direct freekick put either 90 foot over the bar or straight into the wall.

My mates who all support other clubs still all think he's a great player though :lol:

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I thought he was hilarious yesterday actually. The most Shelvey performance you could ever see. All that was missing was a direct freekick put either 90 foot over the bar or straight into the wall.

My mates who all support other clubs still all think he's a great player though :lol:

My friend who supports Arsenal complains about Xhaka all the time and then when discussing Newcastle lauds Shelvey! :lol:

Shelvey is a really really poor man's Xhaka for goodness sake!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think there’s theoretically a use for him, but lots of caveats attached about coaching, team, style etc. 

The decision not to test the the keeper from that FK was crazy, doesn’t help himself with stuff like that. 

He's a useless waste of space and the sooner we're rid of him the better.

He has no worth to us dropping between Ritchie and Clark. You can see when he receives the ball there there is a glance to spot a runner, but if that's his plan, swap with Hayden and do it from the right hand side, try to pick out Maxi from a better angle. 

I actually thought he'd been using the ball quite well up until that free kick to be honest. He's pointless if we're gunna sit on the 18 yard line but when we actually pushed up the pitch I thought we were better off having him there. I'd rather have Willock alongside Hayden but we don't seem to be prepared to do that, and Shelvey is better than Longstaff.

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I actually thought he'd been using the ball quite well up until that free kick to be honest. He's pointless if we're gunna sit on the 18 yard line but when we actually pushed up the pitch I thought we were better off having him there. I'd rather have Willock alongside Hayden but we don't seem to be prepared to do that, and Shelvey is better than Longstaff.

Was going to say similar last night but there was too much fresh anger in here after that free-kick. Probably justified mind [emoji38]

Guest ManDoon

A big problem with Shelvey is also aesthetic. The way he sort of ambles about without a care in the world, when you’re losing games it’s really infuriating. Was taking him hours to get the ball for a free kick or a corner 

Edited by ManDoon

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Still furious with that free kick at the end of the game.

He’s an absolute dimwit. Yeah probably offers more in general play than Longstaff but that’s really saying what an absolute pile of dogshit that chap is.

The fact the club still has to try and utilise this wanker until January just highlights how poorly stocked we are in the midfield.

Is there nobody from the reserves we could promote?