Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

7 seasons with a new promise every season of a new Shelvey, and pre-season interviews of team mates and staff saying he's the best player they've ever seen in training, but never amounted to more than short spells of the player he can be. Can only see positives of moving him on really. Hopefully we get a young replacement in that can challenge for a starting spot.

End of an era. Actually hard to come to terms with it actually happening. Years of wanting him to hit his potential, then years wanting him to be sold then he was a different animal under Howe. Wish him the best and hope he keeps Forest up, preferably at the expense of West Ham and Everton!

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Has there been any mention of a fee? I remember reading yesterday it was meant to be pittance, which I'd understand tbf given he only really had 6 months and he was clearly wanting the move.

Not an exact amount but reporters saying it's nominal, as expected really 

2 hours ago, astraguy said:

Sad to see him leave tbh,I understand if we have a younger replacement lined up but jonjo was only 30 and he would be a class player to turn to if we make Europe to unlock terms 

As he hasn't unlocked many lesser teams, not sure why this would be the case. But wish him well.

Very pleased he's gone.

Nowhere near good enough or suitable for where we're aiming.

Had he stayed, we'd have been stuck with him until the end of 2024 and the odd brain fart he'd threaten to throw in when coming off the bench.

9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Very pleased he's gone.

Nowhere near good enough or suitable for where we're aiming.

Had he stayed, we'd have been stuck with him until the end of 2024 and the odd brain fart he'd threaten to throw in when coming off the bench.

I'm glad he's gone.

He's injured beyond repair, been playing since 16 years old at a decent level but never reached his potential due to him being a numpty. He's ravaged with injuries due to his early start and bad luck. Hedcould have been brilliant with better luck but he'd always be let down by his arrogance.

He's an incredibly selfish footballer, he's happy to concede posession on a risky through ball because he thinks he's a maverick. No it actually means the rest of the team has to work hard to get the ball back while he watches.

4 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I'm glad he's gone.

He's injured beyond repair, been playing since 16 years old at a decent level but never reached his potential due to him being a numpty. He's ravaged with injuries due to his early start and bad luck. Hedcould have been brilliant with better luck but he'd always be let down by his arrogance.

He's an incredibly selfish footballer, he's happy to concede posession on a risky through ball because he thinks he's a maverick. No it actually means the rest of the team has to work hard to get the ball back while he watches.

Just to qualify I don't mean an odd through ball which is fine, this lad tried like 10 against Palace in the league cup and none of them worked. Thankfully we won on pens, due entirely to Pope.