Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One thing I noticed about him, shelvey and the rest of our lot is that none of them have any drive or desire to push teams back. Got the ball then half arsed running. We should be driving forward as a team to open teams up

One thing I noticed about him, shelvey and the rest of our lot is that none of them have any drive or desire to push teams back. Got the ball then half arsed running. We should be driving forward as a team to open teams up

That might be coming from the manager.

Decent today. Cut in too much for my liking - should be running down the outside more - but it can work to our advantage with an offensive-minded full back on the overlap (which Aarons and Janmaat both did well). Was a threat regardless, particularly when he picked the ball up in the middle - the fact that he can shoot well with both feet is a real boon in that area and makes him very tough to defend against. Good work ethic as well.

:lol:He is still getting match sharp, playing for the under 21s isn't the same. Looked decent against a truly awful side.  It is worth remembering they created nothing at all, they were worse than we were against Everton.

Slightly encouraging is as far as I will go  :tiote: played well, the header at the end was class

He was excellent today. Not sure what to make of him as he was really bad against Everton. Hopefully this was the real him.

He wasn't really bad against Everton at all.

I dont understand how people miss context like. He had no options against Everton and barely got the ball, ofcourse he'll play better when the side is set up correctly. Same with Shelvey. Its not coincidence they've both played superbly when we're not getting 10 men behind the ball.

Actually delivered some decent crosses into the box, which we were told he is incapable of doing, got a cracking shot on him too, will get at least a couple this season I would think, impressed so far.

Banging corner for that Mitrovic chance in the first half as well.

Guest reefatoon

I thought he was average

Don't let your bias and dislike of the player ever cloud your judgement eh, you just stick to your guns captain stubborn.

So many people seemed surprised that he's two footed, but that was the first thing I noticed when I watched his youtube video. Very useful asset because a defender won't know which way he's going.