Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

SSN trying to make out as though Spurs will make a big for him, when it's clear that they probably won't.

I think there's a chance. Their signing of Dembele fell through so they'll be in the market for a striker...

I'm not so sure, £21m is quite a bit and there is a difference between that and £1.5m for Dembele. I honestly don't think Spurs will want someone to steal Kane's focus, he's their main man and I think they are only after a back up.

I think they would only be in for him if they sold Kane.

Pearce is cutting off his nose to spite his face here. His options are:

- Sell him now and get a decent amount of money

- Keep him til the Summer, pay an unhappy player to do nothing for a few months and sell him for a minor amount of money

- Keep him til his contract runs out, pay an extremely unhappy player for a year and a half and get nothing for him

Oh you're so brave and clever Jeremy :lol:

There's also, in his mind (rightly or wrongly), depriving a rival struggling club of goals.

The thing is though if we move on to another target (Remy) then all he has done is rejected £21m for player they don't play, and haven't even succeeded in placing us in a weakened position.

Yeah that's a point, if we did get Remy instead because they refuse to do a deal on Berahino then Peace would probably have helped us in the short term.  Obviously long term Berahino is the better option, but just for this season and what will keep us up Remy is the absolute best option IMO

The only thing about Remy is that he is more likely to get injured.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we went in and offered say 28m we would get him, it would take that amount IMO. He's a decent player with huge potential and its interesting he does a lot of one on one coaching on his finishing and technique, he is clearly someone who is focused on his own game. I'm unsure of our interest though, it seems way too late in the day.

If we really want to stay up or give ourselves a great chance to do so we should throw as much as it takes at Chelsea and Remy, a guaranteed PL experienced goalscorer who also just happens to know the club and area and wouldn't need time to settle and adjust, even if it's only on loan.

He scored goals under Pardew and his 'brand' of anti-football so would get goals in our current set-up you would imagine. In fact he could totally transform this team in a kind of way Bellamy did back under Sir Bobby. It's about goals, but it's also about balance and Remy would give us the lot.

I don't like him or his type of player, he is clearly a mercanary, but beggars can't be choosers.

The Berahino thing is dead in the water in my view - they don't want to sell him to us in case he is instrumental in keeping us up at their expense and you can understand that. Also the player probably prefers to go to Spurs and will get his wish if he waits until summer.

Remy is the best we can do in the circumstances unless he HAS gone to Leicester because he is a proven scorer both here and at Chelsea when given the chance. Taking chances on players new to the PL is a luxury we cannot afford at this point in the season and in our position - looking at the money which is at stake in next season's PL, I would spend what it takes to get Remy - even if he only stays for a year.

Pearce is cutting off his nose to spite his face here. His options are:

- Sell him now and get a decent amount of money

- Keep him til the Summer, pay an unhappy player to do nothing for a few months and sell him for a minor amount of money

- Keep him til his contract runs out, pay an extremely unhappy player for a year and a half and get nothing for him

Oh you're so brave and clever Jeremy :lol:

Or for once a chairman is making a stand against a brat of player, and will let him rot in the reserves to stop him having his own way.

Fwiw they would get money if he leaves at the end of his contract, as he's under 24, not if he goes abroad though.

Not that i think it's that mind, i think WBA just want more money.

Fair enough West Brom not wanting to sell to a fellow relegation rival, but they are saying West Brom believe they will get just as much for him next summer.  I've got news for Jeremy Pearce.  No one will pay £20m to £30m for a player in the summer who is in the last year of his contract and who can be bought for peanuts in the following January transfer window, or even nothing the following summer.  Charlie Austin £15m last summer anyone?....£4m the following January.

West Brom will be lucky to get around £12m for Berahino next summer and if no one takes a punt he will probably sit out the last year of his contract and get a bumper payday on a free transfer.

Still thats their perogative.  In my opinion, if they had sold Berahino at the start of the transfer window they could have brought in the likes of Remy and Austin who would have scored the goals to keep them in the EPL and still had money left over, but hey, Jeremy Pearce is the hard nosed businessman... what do I know!!