sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ElCid

'David Moyes snubbed #NUFC in March & they were forced into going for 2nd choice Rafa Benitez.

Just slinging that out there #SAFC'

Here we go  :lol:

You're right  :cheesy: :cheesy:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/awesome_screenshot/10149333?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1469265591&Signature=9CUp4TET6S%2F07%2FZN5LsJrVQZsRw%3D

Guest firetotheworks

On another planet to Sam in terms of quality. I'd be delighted if I was a Sunderland fan, it's just a case of whether he gets to bring in who he wants and whether he'll be given time.

So Ellis Short tried to lure Moyes to Sunderland when he was at Man Utd?! Ha ha!

'He is a man whose football pedigree speaks for itself and is someone I have long admired. I have spoken with him on many occasions and I have always been hugely impressed. He was my number one managerial target for the last five appointments, but his desire to honour existing contracts meant we were not able to bring him to Sunderland previously. To be able to finally welcome him as our manager is fantastic news for the club"

Very good appointment if the fans give him time. But time is something you don't have as a Sunderland manager. If things don't work out quickly then doubts will grow and he'll be hounded out like at his last two jobs as the football is basic and relies on team spirit.

Also I might be wrong but I'm sure his first 2-3 years at Everton were ropey and he had them at the bottom end a few times.

Moyes vs Rafa again....interesting.

Very good appointment if the fans give him time. But time is something you don't have as a Sunderland manager. If things don't work out quickly then doubts will grow and he'll be hounded out like at his last two jobs as the football is basic and relies on team spirit.

Also I might be wrong but I'm sure his first 2-3 years at Everton were ropey and he had them at the bottom end a few times.

we need to do our bit- because you can be sure If start well and they don't-n that pressure will start to build.

Moyes is already starting off at a disadvantage to his predecessors. He won't have the opportunity to earn a huge amount of instant goodwill from the Sunderland people by beating a shambolic, disinterested, poorly run Newcastle United.

This is true. Also It'll be interesting to see what players they bring in at such short notice and how much they spend.

we need to do our bit- because you can be sure If start well and they don't-n that pressure will start to build.

Maybe next season but I think this season our two sides are very much apart and doing their own thing, and I'm happy with that since they've managed to drag us down to their level and beat us with experience.

Moyes is already starting off at a disadvantage to his predecessors. He won't have the opportunity to earn a huge amount of instant goodwill from the Sunderland people by beating a shambolic, disinterested, poorly run Newcastle United.

He's still got a home 'derby' as his second game...

Sunderland's world doesn't revolve around Middlesbrough.

I like how they're spinning the "he was our first choice for the past FIVE times we've needed a new manager" into a good thing, when in reality it's "he's rejected us 5 times. He's come now there's nowt better"

Its weird like, they get a new manager and immediately their first thought is how the Mags are going to be jealous.

They still think we should be all doom and gloom following our relegation and can't get their head around us being optimistic this season