sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe they have, maybe they haven't, but what they have done is made that little lads life a much brighter one, give him more fight and spirit during an awful time with so much uncertainty... so it doesn't really matter either way imo.

Maybe they have, maybe they haven't, but what they have done is made that little lads life a much brighter one, give him more fight and spirit during an awful time with so much uncertainty... so it doesn't really matter either way imo.

Absolutely...and i dont begrudge Bradley a moment  of whatever happiness it brings him at all.

Bad taste or otherwise...Sunderland did everything to protect their own image before anything else.

Fuckin haway man.....a bairn with weeks to live, and people are indulging in the whole 'what-about' game? Can you even imagine what his mam and dad are going through?

As much as I think SAFC fans (well, those on RTG) are dicks, the club have been superb in their support here. Credit where credit's due.

Fuckin haway man.....a bairn with weeks to live, and people are indulging in the whole 'what-about' game? Can you even imagine what his mam and dad are going through?

As much as I think SAFC fans (well, those on RTG) are dicks, the club have been superb in their support here. Credit where credit's due.

Can't help but agree with this.

Wasn't it Everton who made the big splash when they donated money for treatment first to Bradley? 

Maybe I missed the start of this but it seemed like SAFC gave him a shirt while Everton gave him 200K for treatment and captured the public imagination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda know what the earlier poster was getting at.

My mother died of a terrible cancer but no one noticed outside my family.

However, that wee kids life has been brighter for a few months because of SAFC and others, that was the whole idea and to suggest anything else is fucking ridiculous.

Theres nothing wrong with showing a bit of human spirit, SAFC have done this in a fantastic way , no harm in any other club doing it if it brings hapiness to a little one.

It's pretty tragic like and fair play to Sunderland for making some of his dreams come true in what little days he has left.

It doesn't make it wrong that Newcastle didn't respond to a similar request (was it Kian Musgrove?) as they shouldn't be obliged to do anything. Acts like this should completely selfless and the parents of those that put that request into NUFC are a bit presumptuous to assume they will help just because Sunderland have for Bradley Lowery.

I didnt say or even imply it does. Was just an example of how these things can f*** with other parents in similar situations.  Why was Bradley "chosen", so to speak? That's all I'm wondering

Cold and heartless here....chosen because or a rare(but not unique) condition and was pictured in Sunderland top. Sunderland desperately needed good publicity after the Adam Johnson disgrace. This was like manna from heaven...

What they have done is good, but dont for a second imagine anything would have been done if it wasnt to their own benefit....Unfortunately just like most clubs.....as you say Bradley is not unique in his terrible position so where are the london clubs with kids like him? Where are the North West lot with similar kids? Nowhere..at least not so publically anyway.

Sunderland knew they had a reputation to repair (always claiming to be a family club) after allowing Johnson to play despite knowoing of his guilt....what better way than supporting a child  with an incurable illness.

Or maybe im just cynical

Tbh I agree with this but if the young bairn gets to fulfill some dreams through it in his final weeks then I don't see what the problem is. It's tragic what that little lad is going through but even more so that there's other bairns like him who'll just slip away without anyone noticing other than their devastated families.

It's tragic what that little lad is going through but even more so that there's other bairns like him who'll just slip away without anyone noticing other than their devastated families.

What would be cool would be to see the Premier League have a day when ALL the mascots were cancer victim kids.  Bradley could be the face of the day, but it wouldn't be hard to find enough sick kids to be mascots for all the other Premier League and even Championship clubs for a day.  That way Bradley's situation can be spread to benefit other kids that are not receiving the same attention.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

15 Leicester         38 -22 37

16 Crystal Palace 38 -20 33

17 Sunderland     38 -27 32

18 Swansea         38 -35 32

19 Hull                 38 -32 30

20 Middlesbrough 38 -19 26

They've got some good fixtures coming up and i can see them getting a few points. Its going to be tight (possibly GD) and i think a record low to stay up.