sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foolish to believe in our position as favourites, with the most experienced and successful manager in the league, biggest stadium, biggest crowds, noisiest travelling fans, arguably best/ most expensive squad, possibly biggest resources, won the league last 2 seasons in it.... aye foolish.

It's just silly. If they'd have appointed Benitez in the championship I'd be congratulating them and wishing them well on showing some ambition, and fully expecting them to walk the league. Untested in the league, man, don't make me post the list of trophies he's won.

Even if Benitez had a few too many celebratory drinks and suddenly forgot everything good he knows about football, and every single decent player we've got decided they were allergic to black and white shirts, how could anyone seriously suggest we won't have the pick of any player at that level?

Mackem mate of mine referred to him as "Fat Rafa" earlier.

Aye he's overweight but given that old hippohead is actually heart disease on legs, it's a bit rich.

Must admit, the "Your manager is fatter than our manager" angle is a fresh one anyway.

:lol: Shut up man

We'll see. I'm probably wrong but it's foolish to think that you'll go straight back up.

Enjoy your relegation battle and the massive trophy Allardyce will award himself if you finish in the top 15.

I don't know why I'm arguing but it's not 'dreadful to watch' compared to Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace vs Watford/Sunderland/Swansea. That's without even mentioning the 'good' teams that are dull as dishwater as well, like Man Utd and Chelsea.

It just isn't.

The rest of the world seem to disagree.

My first post was a response to someone saying it'll be great for you lot winning games in the Championship while we struggle in the Premier League. I can assure you I'd much rather be in the top flight, although I have enjoyed our spells in the second tier.

We now have Mourinho and Guardiola and who knows which players they'll bring with them. Ibrahimovic is already rumoured to be on his way, and my 12 year old son is absolutely buzzing about it and I'm sure there'll be more big names on their way.

An herein lies an example of what's wrong with modern football and the type of fan it attracts, regardless of the Mackem traits.     

You support your own team for what it represents, how it makes you feel and put your own business first.  You dont support them for the players turning up for the opposition FFS.  May as well just chop and change team each season then.

Mackem mate of mine referred to him as "Fat Rafa" earlier.

Aye he's overweight but given that old hippohead is actually heart disease on legs, it's a bit rich.

Must admit, the "Your manager is fatter than our manager" angle is a fresh one anyway.

Aioli stains >>> Gravy stains

Plaintive cries from the ignored.  No one has given a flying fuck about Sunderland since the season ended. 

Has anyone given a flying fuck about Sunderland since its founding?

Yes. Some halfwits from wearside, some of the north easts saddest and bitterest people and nowadays those who sing songs supporting paedophiles.

But apart from that probably no one.

So we went down.....

and

kept one of the top 5 managers in the world

went undefeated in the last 6 games we played

spanked a Champions League team 5-1

and we shouldn't be confident of coming back up.....makem logic......sheesh!

So we went down.....

and

They're all backward man!

So we went down.....

and

:lol:  There's no way anyone on here would be saying this before he joined us.

So we went down.....

and

They're all backward man!

Bit harsh on people who are a bit backward that!

I hang out in my local football club here, supporters of a shed load of different teams and they are rapt for us that we kept Rafa and reckon we are dead certs to come back up (I'm a tad more reserved about it) and reckon we will be waving at the Makems as we pass them on the way...that would be glorious btw

Also the EPL isn't technically the best but is by far and away the best marketed, only got to look around the numerous clubs I go to to see the kids wearing shirts of clubs that their family have no allegiance to....only surpassed by one team and that's Barca (even my young lad has the shirt...amongst his various sizes of Newcastle tops)

So we went down.....

and

:lol:  There's no way anyone on here would be saying this before he joined us.

I would have, his record and above all else the way he succeeded and handled himself with the hatred he had to endure at Abramovich Athletic

I'm not fro Newcastle, nor do I live there, but I had a look at the ready to go boards today, there are some really fuckin weird deluded people on there,  at least on here the people are a bit weird and that's all.

I read one thread about benitez and how he is a wank manager. Really??

I'm not fro Newcastle, nor do I live there, but I had a look at the ready to go boards today, there are some really fuckin weird deluded people on there,  at least on here the people are a bit weird and that's all.

I read one thread about benitez and how he is a wank manager. Really??

Mag!

I read one thread about benitez and how he is a w*** manager. Really??

Mag!

?

The mackems will be absolutely gutted with how happy we are. They sent us down, they stayed up, we should be crying into our broon ale. But we arent, we're f***ing delighted. It will be killing them.

:drool: