sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Isn't a game against lower half opposition when they have nothing to play for arsenal's bread and butter? I can't really see sunderland getting more than 1 or 2 out of there next 3, which could leave us 4 ahead of them

Isn't a game against lower half opposition when they have nothing to play for arsenal's bread and butter? I can't really see sunderland getting more than 1 or 2 out of there next 3, which could leave us 4 ahead of them

Absolutely. Arsenal usually beat these sorts of teams with ease, it is anyone in the top half they struggle with.

A big Arsenal win to dent GD & confidence would be perfect today, absolutely perfect.

Absolutely. Arsenal usually beat these sorts of teams with ease, it is anyone in the top half they struggle with.

A big Arsenal win to dent GD & confidence would be perfect today, absolutely perfect.

Arsenal have something to play for, automatic CL qualification.  They usually hit form to secure it.  Hopefully they are strong enough to deal with the Mackems today

Just had a look on RTG, they seem very confident about survival and many writing us off. I like this.

I've been getting that impression for a while.  A lot are very confident and think survival is a foregone conclusion - even the players have that air about them as they keep going on about how experienced they are in this situation (wonder why they never start playing until the end of March each season).  I am just hoping that will be their downfall as I have always thought they would stay up.

Add to that, what happens if Man City win the CL and Liverpool win the Europa?  Do we have 7 teams in Europe next season?

If Man City finish outside of the top 4 and win the CL then Man City get an additional spot, if both Man City and Liverpool win the CL and Europa League and City finish outside of the top 4 then Man City get the 4th placed spot and the 4th placed team get a EL spot.

Never really understood that.  Doesn't having lots of relegation battle experience mean you're a bit shit?

Not progressing from relegation after relegation battle will comeback to haunt them, like it did with Wigan and others. The fear is that we will still have to wait another year. They have been in a relegation battle ever since they came back up which was what, 10 years ago? When we went down we managed to come back and finish mid table without a relegation battle, then we finished 5th, a few bad seasons and then a 10th placed finish. So we have went down, came back, done well, then turned the corner again a look likely to get relegated all in the time these fuckers have survived by the skin of their teeth, each time their own supporters were even convinced they would finally go down.

These will go down, if it's not this year then it will certainly be next year, they are running out of managers who can haul them out of the shit and they are leaving it later and later to gain safety.

Guest firetotheworks

If Arsenal beat these and we beat Palace next, their arse will be quivering. Right now i reckon hippo head is as smug as you can get and thinks they're a shoe in to stay up.

Shoo in. Made the same mistake for years.

If Arsenal beat these and we beat Palace next, their arse will be quivering. Right now i reckon hippo head is as smug as you can get and thinks they're a shoe in to stay up.

Hehe oh yeah  :lol:

I'm on tenderhooks too see whether they'll pass mustard......

Guest firetotheworks

Up until a couple of months ago I was still saying 'motherload' for mother lode. Little known fact about me there.

Yes they are in pole position but they still need to better our results. 1 win in their past 6 games and they're being cocky? All it needs is a defeat and a draw in their next 2 games and we could get ahead of them if we win ours.

Sunderland fans at my work think its all over and they're safe.

Really? Then they clearly don't understand football. Even Palace are not safe yet. I'm glad we're out of the bottom 3 and have a game in hand on you lot, but we're not even close to being safe yet.

Yes they are in pole position but they still need to better our results. 1 win in their past 6 games and they're being cocky? All it needs is a defeat and a draw in their next 2 games and we could get ahead of them if we win ours.

No we don't, we can even afford to lose one if you only draw because of our superior GD.

I'm not implying we're safe, not by a long way, it's too close to call for me especially as both Newcastle and Sunderland seem to be finding a little bit of form.

As long as we go down together I can take relegation  :lol:

We'd probably be better off if only one team went down. Getting out of the Championship would be a nightmare with both of us there.

Ok then, you first.

:lol: