sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh the bitterness now is on volcano levels it really has sunk in now for them what a shame

This is actually the worst ive seen them since going to the third divison, its hurting them more than the 15 point season imo

Sure I've posted this before on here about them but.....

Can you hear them talking 'bout us?

Telling lies, is that a surprise

Can you see them? See right through them

They have a shield, nothing must be revealed

It doesn't matter what they say

No one listens anyway

No one listens anyway

Pity their lips weren't sealed.

No one listens anyway

Pity their lips weren't sealed.

I like that they shout out, especially at times like this, say nowt and just smile......they hate it and to be fair for most of my life, and I'll guess yours, we have been by far the better club.

Pickford looks a decent prospect although he punches a lot of crosses he should be catching and he's not particularly good with the ball at his feet which would stop him ever moving to a really top club regardless of his shot stopping ability.

He'll be wanting to leave, the selling club have been relegated, and their financial problems are widely known, 3 factors that puts the buying club firmly in the driving seat when negotiations start.

I predict he'll sign for Everton for somewhere between £10m-£12m.

Disagree that he's not good with his feet, his distribution with his feet has been very impressive whenever I've seen him. Probably more impressive than other aspects of his game tbh.

Yeah, seen him praised for his accurate side-volleys. One was lush at Arsenal the other night.

I watched that match. He kicked the ball staright out of play on more occasions  than he did "lush side volleys" like. He's a good shot stopper but he isn't good enough with his feet to go to a top club. The mackems I know go along with that.

Honestly can't agree, and I've never heard a mackem say that. Most of the articles have linked him to City exactly for his ability with the ball.

Pickford is comfortable with the ball at his feet and that makes him an ideal target for Pep Guardiola.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-hand-jordan-pickford-bumper-9055546

Mazzari earlier in the season:

Honestly this is the first time I've seen anybody argue that he's not good with the ball. His distribution is good and off both feet as well. Moyes has him booting it long and quickly almost every time, as they're so poor at moving the ball from back to front, and he's better at it than most of their side.

It amazing how many forget or completely ignore the amount we brought in last summer, it's got to the point where even our own fans and local media are plodding the line that we spent 50 million to buy promotion, the fact that we were just replacing the players left and our net spend was negative 30 million is now almost universally ignored. Here's a quote from the mensas on their forum:

amaistonsrightfoot said: ↑

Because the last thing we need is to spend 50 million to get promoted to then spend another £70 to compete in the prem. It would finish the club

Newcastle bought promotion, and like you say, that squad will be ripped up and starting a fresh by majority.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/were-after-daryl-murphy-according-to-chronicle.1364466/page-5

To be fair, it is expected that an established PL side have to sell their best assets if they Are relegated. The fact that we had the priveledge to replace these players by buying and loaning premiership players (albeit not that highly rated players as we sold) it is hard to argue that we didn't buy the title this season, IMO. Rafa's big test will come this season as I belive a lot of managers would have achieved what he has achieved this season onthe sporting side of the club.

To be fair, it is expected that an established PL side have to sell their best assets if they Are relegated. The fact that we had the priveledge to replace these players by buying and loaning premiership players (albeit not that highly rated players as we sold) it is hard to argue that we didn't buy the title this season, IMO. Rafa's big test will come this season as I belive a lot of managers would have achieved what he has achieved this season onthe sporting side of the club.

Did Aston Villa buy their position as well?

WTF man. Villa's net spend was significantly higher, did they buy 13th spot or wherever they finished. I don't have the figures in front of me, but I would lay money on the fact that no one in the championship had a net spend less than ours. How is that buying the title ? We loaned one player, who was a part time player, whom we were trying before buying. Unlike others such as huddersfield who had half their matchday team on loan, so that point is ridiculous.

You've just proved my point how even our own fans seem to be brainwashed into thinking we bought the title, it's ludicrous.

Watched him a few times and he's been really good with the ball at his feet.

Haven't seen enough of the Young Turk to form an opinion, other than he's prone to make ill considered remarks and comes across as a bit anti his regional capital. I could see Schmeichel going to City on the basis that he is the best (current PL keeper) with the ball at his feet, that I have seen live. Accurate, range of passing distances, air of assurance, and quick off his line.

They'll probably turn down bids of about £15-£20M this summer,but end up selling him next summer for about £10M after they fail to get promotion.

Or in January when he requests to leave.