sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jermain-defoe-one-one-i-regret-way-i-left-west-ham-i-did-something-wrong-hold-my-hands-and?page=0%2C2

....the Tyne-Wear derby is much bigger than football. During the lead-up to the game, people would come up to me while I was doing my shopping in the supermarket and say, “You have got to beat them. Whatever you do, win, please.”

When Gus Poyet signed me, he said some fans had told him, “We’d rather get relegated than lose to Newcastle. Beat Newcastle. That’s all we want.”

The mentality of their fanbase is the one thing that holds them back more than anything else. The owner, directors, manager and players, whoever they may be at the time, know they only have to beat Newcastle and for the rest of the time their performance is largely irrelevant. It's certainly been more evident the past 5 years but that is the general attitude of that football club and it all stems from those who follow it.

Newcastle are more important to them than what sunderland are.

The BBC have a stat to say that Pickford ran further than 15 members of their squad last season 😂😂

Even if you only played 2 or 3 games you would think you would do enough to run further than the keeper.

The BBC have a stat to say that Pickford ran further than 15 members of their squad last season 😂😂

Even if you only played 2 or 3 games you would think you would do enough to run further than the keeper.

;D ;D ;D

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jermain-defoe-one-one-i-regret-way-i-left-west-ham-i-did-something-wrong-hold-my-hands-and?page=0%2C2

....the Tyne-Wear derby is much bigger than football. During the lead-up to the game, people would come up to me while I was doing my shopping in the supermarket and say, “You have got to beat them. Whatever you do, win, please.”

When Gus Poyet signed me, he said some fans had told him, “We’d rather get relegated than lose to Newcastle. Beat Newcastle. That’s all we want.”

The mentality of their fanbase is the one thing that holds them back more than anything else. The owner, directors, manager and players, whoever they may be at the time, know they only have to beat Newcastle and for the rest of the time their performance is largely irrelevant. It's certainly been more evident the past 5 years but that is the general attitude of that football club and it all stems from those who follow it.

And therein lies the truth of it. What would worry me more if I was a mackem was that they only beat us due to us going through a bad patch, they still weren't that good at the time and still haven't managed to get to the same level of ability that we've had in the recent past (relatively speaking).

You only have to look at their attendances in recent seasons. The only time they come close to filling the stadium and don't have to give away thousands of tickets to try and pad it out is when they play Newcastle.

They're besotted by us.

And some of our supporters are obsessed about how much Sunderland are obsessed with us.

Both sets of supporters revel in the rivalry, arguing otherwise is a nonsense. It's not even necessarily a bad thing.

And some of our supporters are obsessed about how much Sunderland are obsessed with us.

Both sets of supporters revel in the rivalry, arguing otherwise is a nonsense. It's not even necessarily a bad thing.

Agree.

Sunderland will only consider offers of about £30m for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, says boss David Moyes.

:lol: That's him staying then.

It won't be Moyes' decision though.

Neuer £19m

DeGea £18m

Bravo £17m

Peruzzi £15m

Cech £10m

Ter Stegen £9m

Jordan 'Clean Sheet' Pickford £30m

Drink that in. and it's NUFC who are deluded.

They will get between £15-20m for him, including a lot of future clauses.

Neuer £19m

DeGea £18m

Bravo £17m

Peruzzi £15m

Cech £10m

Ter Stegen £9m

Jordan 'Clean Sheet' Pickford £30m

Drink that in. and it's NUFC who are deluded.

They will get between £15-20m for him, including a lot of future clauses.

That is still canny wedge for only one full season at this level.

These prices are from years ago, mind. It's not fair to compare.

And the one that is recent, the 33-year-old Bravo, just proves how mental it's become. Pickford is English, young, a good shot-stopper and has really good distribution. Is he a £20m+ player? Probably not, but that's what they'll get for him.