sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wonder if Sunderland might choke here as everyone seems to think they are home and dry.  If we were in their position I would be worried the Toon would choke and throw it away.

We can dream :crazy2:

I don't and neither does any Sunderland fan I've spoken too.

I remember an FA cup quarter final a few years ago where we drew at Goodison and Everton had to come to the SoL midweek for the replay. Our lot thought they just had to turn up. There was 44,000 there and the place was jumping. Everton played us off the park and won 2-0 but it could have been much more.

The fat woman hasn't even done her vocal warm ups yet.

I'm trying to use logic - Everton are higher in the table, beat them 6-2 earlier this season and Sunderland's win 4 days ago might've taken a lot out of them.

But I just know Defoe and Borini will sneak them the win and Fat Sam will be laughing. Horrible :anguish:

I wonder if Sunderland might choke here as everyone seems to think they are home and dry.  If we were in their position I would be worried the Toon would choke and throw it away.

I think it will be a nervy game. Odds are we will go down as I don't think we will beat Spurs, but I could see Sunderland losing tonight and getting point at Watford.

No doubt Defoe will get a goal somehow despite being battered for full game.

They will probably lose both and we will draw with Spurs :-)

They'll definitely get the points tonight. Anyone harbouring an hope is setting themselves up for more disappointment.

The worst part about it all is that they fully deserve to stay up over us, we've been an absolutely shambles throughout the majority of the season.

I remember an FA cup quarter final a few years ago where we drew at Goodison and Everton had to come to the SoL midweek for the replay. Our lot thought they just had to turn up. There was 44,000 there and the place was jumping. Everton played us off the park and won 2-0 but it could have been much more.

Difference between tonight and the example you give is that that Everton team came to win a meaningful (for both teams) game.

This Everton team couldn't give two fucks,  their fans even want your lot to win ffs.

In desperate need of something to do for two hours on a Wednesday night.

I'm watching at a Sunderland-supporting friend's house. Need to find consult etiquette book of how to behave if they concede and/or lose. A. Punching air, sliding across living room floor screamimg anti Makem obscenities is probably not good form; B. Bare-faced 'hard to bear mate...' kind of lies, doesn't seem right. Decisions, decisions...fucking hope I'm faced with the dilemma. That said, I did once wildly celebrate Liam O'Brien's goal whilst in the wrong end at Joker Park, so what I tell myself before and what I do won't necessarily match-up.

Really?  :lol:  Every mackem I know is 100% certain they are safe and we are down?

I don't think they will win tonight or at the weekend. Unfortunately I think Spurs will beat us.

best if they just win tonight, they're not losing 2 games and we're unlikely to beat spurs anyway

Whilst I agree, this statement about 17th place Sunderland made me giggle :lol:

There's a good reason they think they're safe. We're a f***ing omnishambles.

I hope this is your brummie moment from last week.

On the plus side, its hard for us to be more unprofessional than we were on Saturday.

They don't need to lose both, though would be most grateful if they lost tonight, yes please and thank you very much. Happy for them to notch a draw at Wafford, as long as we repeat our score line from WHL. Everton are a bit of a bogey team for Sunderland  apparently,  and are responsible for their biggest defeat this season (6-2). Also, Martinez is Spanish and more importantly desperate for a performance (well, I seem to recall  he's Catalan, but we'll gloss over that, but he is desperate). Also, as we all know, it matters not a jot what a few forum fuckwitts say about what they want the team to do, which is often at odds with 'non-virtual' supporters and irrelevant to the team.

They don't need to lose both, though would be most grateful if they lost tonight, yes please and thank you very much. Happy for them to notch a draw at Wafford, as long as we repeat our score line from WHL. Everton are a bit of a bogey team for Sunderland  apparently,  and are responsible for their biggest defeat this season (6-2). Also, Martinez is Spanish and more importantly desperate for a performance (well, I seem to recall  he's Catalan, but we'll gloss over that, but he is desperate). Also, as we all know, it matters not a jot what a few forum fuckwitts say about what they want the team to do, which is often at odds with 'non-virtual' supporters and irrelevant to the team.

I have read that twice and still cannot understand a word of it  ;D

I have read that twice and still cannot understand a word of it  ;D

Doesn't matter, we're fucked either way.

I'd rather be relegated than have Fat Sam in charge of my club. It's going to be like Pardew at Palace - it will take a year or so for the horrible reality to dawn on Sunderland fans. I can wait.

They won't ever realise because, like Palace, they're happy scraping around the bottom of the table and watching garbage on a permanent basis as long as they don't go down.

They won't ever realise because, like Palace, they're happy scraping around the bottom of the table and watching garbage on a permanent basis as long as they don't go down.

Was reading something (maybe on here, maybe F365?) about Leicester's story raising the expectations of the likes of the mackems/Palace. Quite interesting.

The modern football fan feels pretty entitled, pretty quickly. No bad thing with ambition tbh, but I don't think low expectations last long anywhere these days. Before Norwich were relegated last time I couldn't believe their forum (arguably not the best representative sample) and the expectations they had.

I specifically don't knock ambition. I just think it should be tempered with realism with respect to resources and time. Leicester have proved beyond doubt what can be achieved with a very efficient use of resources, but they were also fortunate. I think a lot can be achieved with a little, but I think in some instances expectations can still be too high.

Was reading something (maybe on here, maybe F365?) about Leicester's story raising the expectations of the likes of the mackems/Palace. Quite interesting.

The modern football fan feels pretty entitled, pretty quickly. No bad thing with ambition tbh, but I don't think low expectations last long anywhere these days. Before Norwich were relegated last time I couldn't believe their forum (arguably not the best representative sample) and the expectations they had.

It'll be the same with Sunderland. They'll be happy to finish 14th for a season or so, but watching Allardyce's football will wear them down eventually. Especially if we come back up with Rafa and start performing better than them.