Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest Roger Kint

'Latest news' from Pete Graves:

Newcastle United Latest:

It's another morning when Steve McClaren is waking up as Newcastle United manager, but could it be his last?

The under pressure McClaren will take the players for training today before speaking face to face to Lee Charnley for the first time since Saturdays defeat against Bournemouth.

Since that difficult day at St James Park on Saturday, the Newcastle United hierarchy have been looking at other options and initial contact was made with the representatives of former Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid boss Rafa Benitez on Sunday.

Benitez showed an instant interest in the position and the likelihood of him becoming the next Newcastle United manager has increased every day since. With that being said, there is still work to do and one of the delays as it stands is the assembly of his backroom team. Benitez wants his own people and he wanted extra time to sound out certain individuals about taking on the challenge. With a trip to Leicester City now four days away, time is running out to get the Spaniard in charge for then. Indeed yesterday it was still a train of thought within St James Park, that Steve McClaren may even remain in charge for that game, but other alternatives should Benitez appointment be delayed further would be Ian Cathro or Peter Beardsley. Today is clearly an important day, but as things stand at this moment in time, Steve McClaren remains Newcastle United's HEAD COACH... But Rafa Benitez remains in line to become the team's new MANAGER. This potential change in job title would also indicate a drastic change of direction from the club, should it become a reality. Things are clearly on a knife edge. You can follow developments as always live on @SkySportsNewsHQ ‪#‎SSNHQ‬ *updates will always appear there first. What are your thoughts ‪#‎nufc‬ fans?

Guest Howaythetoon

If we do bring in Benitez and they give him full control and a reasonable transfer kitty there is no reason why Rafa couldn't bring success to the club. He is up there with Mourinho when it comes to almost guaranteeing a trophy.

Papers saying it's a done deal now, 3 year contract.. that obviously must be on condition that he keeps us up.

As far as that situation, i think there could be an instant bounce. We have good players, they're just playing shite because they are getting no input whatsoever in a coaching sense.

It's a huge risk as far as Rafa is concerned

Fucks sake man. "McClaren could be in charge at Leicester" :anguish:  Delaying this is just pushing the nail further in the coffin.  With Rafa I honestly reckon we would have been in with a chance of a point at Leicester.  They really struggled to beat Norwich (last minute goal) and drew with West Brom recently.  With McClaren its a nailed on 3/4/5/6-0 loss

Damian Spellman:

I'm told no meeting between McClaren and Charnley is scheduled for today. Yet. #nufc

Just speak to the cunt on the phone ffs :lol: reverse the charges if that is the issue.

Papers saying it's a done deal now, 3 year contract.. that obviously must be on condition that he keeps us up.

As far as that situation, i think there could be an instant bounce. We have good players, they're just playing shite because they are getting no input whatsoever in a coaching sense.

It's a huge risk as far as Rafa is concerned

We have maybe 50% good players and 50% absolute dross. Question would be if Rafa can leave out the worst ones and get the others to do their jobs.

Damian Spellman:

I'm told no meeting between McClaren and Charnley is scheduled for today. Yet. #nufc

Just speak to the cunt on the phone ffs :lol: reverse the charges if that is the issue.

We should get Carver to phone him with the news.

It's going to be impossible to do any work today.

It's been like this since Monday.  I've been constantly checking and refreshing various websites.  Mainly in the hope we sacked McClaren.  Since there has been a chance of Rafa, I've not been able to concentrate at all. 

Just to make matters even worse/better.  NFL free agency has just started.  So I'm constantly reading up on that, as well.