Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Coloccini will be fit man. Funny how these miracles happen.

Taylor and Colo for the run in and we have a chance, provided Benitez can make them a unit. Left back is a massive concern.

Taylor man, bloke's a liability.

He's not got much to work with at the back even when fully fit but as it stands what options has he got?

Hope he doesn't risk anyone for Monday, would be nice to make a statement and get something but we've bigger games coming up.

Also if puts out a massively defensive team i wouldn't hold it against him. Think mentally not getting bummed or even picking up a point before the mackems would be huge.

He's not got much to work with at the back even when fully fit but as it stands what options has he got?

Hope he doesn't risk anyone for Monday, would be nice to make a statement and get something but we've bigger games coming up.

Also if puts out a massively defensive team i wouldn't hold it against him. Think mentally not getting bummed or even picking up a point before the mackems would be huge.

It's not the back 4 that concerns me, it's the protection they don't get from midfield. Hoping Rafa finds a quick way to make us compact without the ball

It's not the back 4 that concerns me, it's the protection they don't get from midfield. Hoping Rafa finds a quick way to make us compact without the ball

Have to agree with you here, the back 4 aren't as bad as everyone thinks, the major problem is them being horribly exposed time after time, too many times players just ghost past our midfield and leave the defence out of position or chasing someone who's twice as fast as them. I reckon we have enough to be much better in that position so long as we're difficult to break down from the centre mid.

Coloccini will be fit man. Funny how these miracles happen.

Taylor and Colo for the run in and we have a chance, provided Benitez can make them a unit. Left back is a massive concern.

Taylor man, bloke's a liability.

Aye, much rather see Lascelles get the nod, he's done well in a couple of games.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow St James' will be absolutely bouncing next Sunday because of this appointment and when it's like that we usually do well. West Ham last season was probably the last time it was like that straight from kick off and before that the 5-1 against the mackems when the crowd was just mental straight from the off and their players and fans sh*t themselves leading to their supporters abandoning their team at half time and their players being desperate to get off the pitch. We need the same next week and we'll be fine.

Guest ConnyBongo

These next 10 games could determine weather were just going to be the same newcastle we've been under ashley since his arrival. Or the hope it could be everything we want it to be. Under mccalren i was dreading it, but now i cant wait to get them started. make or break

Who out of the so called injured players has made a miracle recovery? Anyone know?

According to physioroom (a site that usually seems pretty accurate), Obertan & Haidara are meant to be out until April and I saw them both on the training pics

Cisse, Colo, Tiote, Mbemba, Mbabu & Krul are all injured and werent on the training pics so it's just those two as far as I'm aware.  Townsend and Dummett have a return date of around now so they might have started doing some work

Who out of the so called injured players has made a miracle recovery? Anyone know?

According to physioroom (a site that usually seems pretty accurate), Obertan & Haidara are meant to be out until April and I saw them both on the training pics

Could potentially of been light work. Im hoping that Collo, Mbemba and Townsend are fit, if not for tomorrow then next week at the latest

Guest Howaythetoon
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=282654.0;attach=269815;image

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=282654.0;attach=269815;image

One major difference, all those teams were decent. We're utterly awful right now, and you can't polish a turd no matter how much brasso you use.

It sounds quite simple, but basically we need to win one more game than Norwich and Sunderland between now and the end of the season. Those two are equally as bad as us, and considering how awful we were under McClaren and the fact they couldn't pull away, gives us a massive chance under Benitez, especially considering we play them back to back after the Leicester game.