Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Love the fact is has spotted "a couple of things" that need changing straight away,then goes on to say we'll do more changes with time.

Obviously we know how bad we are at just about everything but it sounds as though he has spotted some things that will make a huge difference.

Reality is kicking in now.

Worried he'll be the biggest missed opportunity in the club's history if we go down.

Yep.

Especially when I think about how the difference between us and Liverpool since 2004 when we were at the same level was they got Benitez and we didn't.

Every f***er on here's turned into HTT.

WTF you on about?  ???

Well to put it bluntly, I woke up one day and everyone had turned into an ultra emotional headcase [emoji38]

Every f***er on here's turned into HTT.

WTF you on about?  ???

Well to put it bluntly, I woke up one day and everyone had turned into an ultra emotional headcase [emoji38]

:lol: creased at this

Guest Howaythetoon

I've been listening and reading up on his interviews and he comes across as someone who is very calm and confident that he can not only keep us up, but also take us to another level.

There was no false bravado or even a wait and see, it will be tough etc. type spiel which you could forgive him for trotting out. The fact he kept saying as "I expect" to questions about staying up, signing good players and getting to the top says to me that he wont be messing about and that with him he means business.

Hi body language as well, forward facing, head high, lots of smiles... he is a man with supreme self confidence and authority.

You just know he badly wants to win the Premier League title as well and do you know what, if backed financially and given full control, there is no reason why he cannot aim for it, he's good enough. Of course we won't win the title or even challenge for it because it will all backfire in typical Toon fashion. Imean we will probably be relegated!

But Benitez is capable of winning the PL as a manager.

He almost did it at Liverpool despite Fergie and Chelsea's billions. The landscape has changed recently in a way that rewards teams who don't necessarily have the anointed managers or mega money.

Spurs and Leicester are showing the way and the PL is awash with even sides these days. I mean, in terms of managers, there are not many poor ones in the division and as far as teams are concerned, anyone can beat anyone more than ever before.

I do hope Leicester or Spurs in that order wins the league, I really do.

I remember when ourselves and Liverpool were competing for that 4th spot and they just pipped us. They got rid of Houllier and brought in Rafa. We got rid of Sir Bobby and brought in Souness.

And its been downhill from there for us all the way. It all stems from that very appointment or rather the fact we didn't appoint the right man.

Liverpool did and so it proved with the CL, domestic cups and a title challenge.

Now we seemingly have appointed the right man. Its just a shame we have done so while we are in the bottom 3 and looking a good bet to go down and its an even bigger shame its at Mike Ashley's NUFC.

The last 48 hours has been emotional(headcase) for me in regards to NUFC I have to admit. I miss the club so much it f***ing hurts. I'm now a father to two boys and should be taking them to the match and getting them immersed in all things Newcastle United, but the last 8 years has been a real kick in the stones. Its the last thing I'd want to inflict on my kids never mind myself.

But...

Rafa Benitez man, I've never been a huge admirer of his football style and he has his faults but he is a f***ing winner, a great bloke and just the kind of manager who I can get right behind, win lose or draw. We've not had that since Sir Bobby. 15 f***ing years man.

I'm a fan again, a fan of NUFC. I won't be supporting though in terms of attending matches, buying s*** etc. I'm a principled, stubborn b****** like that. KK taught me well.

Howay the lads I suppose...

'I could see in the two training sessions and after talking with the players face to face that they want to do well, they want to impress the new manager, they want to do things the right way for the fans, for the club. But they need a little bit of confidence. So some of them, that was my impression, you need to tell them 'listen, that is the direction' and they will follow you in this direction.'

Ambition, ladies and gentlemen. The players aren't the best in the world by any stretch but they're better than this, and it comes down to believing the club is going somewhere. We now have that.

Organisation, confidence and motivation are so important in football, it's hard to overstate it. Look at how every player we sign declines, look at how the team is always less than the sum of it parts, the amount of injuries we get, etc. I don't blame anyone except Mike Ashley really, but a manager like Benitez has a real chance of turning things around.

'I could see in the two training sessions and after talking with the players face to face that they want to do well, they want to impress the new manager, they want to do things the right way for the fans, for the club. But they need a little bit of confidence. So some of them, that was my impression, you need to tell them 'listen, that is the direction' and they will follow you in this direction.'

Ambition, ladies and gentlemen. The players aren't the best in the world by any stretch but they're better than this, and it comes down to believing the club is going somewhere. We now have that.

It'll also help that they're not going to be asked to do what they've been asked to do all season and failed at.  It must be absolutely shite if you're losing games and trying the same things all of the time.

It's no wonder the players weren't looking as if they were being coached.

:thup: said it the otherday but players like sissoko coming out in the press and talking about wanting to move on like we're a 2nd rate club was fucking disgusting.  Was clear they never bought into us as a club at all.

:carverlick:

Interesting he said he only found out after the first training session that quite of few of those players had been injured up until yesterday! :lol:

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Firstly that they're cowardly enough to duck out of things by hiding behind an imaginary injury and secondly that he's come in and transformed their attitude immediately and commanded a bit of respect. McClaren was undoubtedly shit but his squad let him and the fans down horrifically.

:thup:

Interesting he said he only found out after the first training session that quite of few of those players had been injured up until yesterday! :lol:

That's quite damning on the players and former coach but it does seem to happen a lot at clubs.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Firstly that they're cowardly enough to duck out of things by hiding behind an imaginary injury and secondly that he's come in and transformed their attitude immediately and commanded a bit of respect. McClaren was undoubtedly shit but his squad let him and the fans down horrifically.

TBH, I don't think there are many players strong enough to be 100% professional through what we have become over the last few years. It's easy enough to say "they get paid loads, they should do everything", but human beings don't work like that.

Guest Howaythetoon

We have appointed one of the best in the game who has won it all. If the players cannot get excited or motivated by that they ought to retire now. They should be fucking buzzing, especially the better players.

The deadwood or lazy bastards will be dreading it because he is ruthless. First causality will be Sissoko IMO, just based on what I've heard about him in training and his attitude off pitch.

If we stay up and funds are sufficient, I can see a good number being peddled like, the entire defence with the exception of Dummet perhaps, Rafa will like him.

I can see players like him and Colback, although shite, becoming integral squad players. They will do as he says and will run through brick walls for him while accepting they wont ever be regulars. He will improve their games by making them tactically aware for a start.

I fear for Mitrovic as well.