Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

God if he wins a trophy man :lol:

Fully into camp 'fuck Leicester' now like.

I'm at the 'keep us up at all costs' state of mind. I'm not looking further than that yet. If he won us a cup then he is instantly a legend, more so than he is at Liverpool.

As for Liecester, we come first but even so, even in the unlikely event of us beating them they are 5 points ahead of the nearest team, we will not be the reason if they don't win the Premier League.

Guest Open_C

I'm at the 'keep us up at all costs' state of mind. I'm not looking further than that yet. If he won us a cup then he is instantly a legend, more so than he is at Liverpool.

As for Liecester, we come first but even so, even in the unlikely event of us beating them they are 5 points ahead of the nearest team, we will not be the reason if they don't win the Premier League.

Liecester because you're making some point about a sinister darkness you suspect to be lurking behind this year's surprise package heartwarming tale, or are you just doing it wrong?  :lol:

If he keeps us up and actually sees out his contract here, it's quite possible. Mike Ashley will never have a better chance of winning silverware which he claims is his goal. Rafa's teams don't really attack enough to win the premier, but his set up is perfect for cup competitions. He makes them very hard to beat, so if you can add a couple of really  top quality forwards it's perfect for cup runs.

I'm still baffled as to why it was ever in question by anybody at any time that he'd be in the dugout. Like he was just going to take the day off or something for no apparent reason.

A lot of managers do that if they haven't had time to work with the players. I'm pleased that Benítez doesn't care.

As I said, he's always struck me as a no bullshit manager.

The bubble of joy might have popped a little bit, Benitez mentioned that the manager/head coach decision will be taken in the summer if we stay up. Pretty categorical I think in acknowledging that there's no way he will manage in the Championship. Which is all fine really, but my concern is Ashley and the other jokers will probably muck him about on transfers even if we do stay up and he'll walk.

He's signed on for 3 years. If we stay up he'll stay on.

I just fear it's too late. Absolutely absurd that he wasn't given longer to work with the players. We threw away the game last week and gave 3 points away and almost guaranteed the safety of one the teams we were jostling with for relegation.

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth 43s44 seconds ago

Rafa Benitez said a few players who had been in the treatment room the day before he arrived were fit enough to train yesterday. #nufc

:lol: I fucking bet they were.

He sounds fantastic on that press conference link. How these f***ing awful managers keep getting jobs in the Premier League is beyond me.

Because a lot of clubs seem to think they don't matter and buying a load of players will sort everything out. Not a coincidence to me that a lot of the mid table teams who have figured it out have magically gotten significantly better.

He sounds fantastic on that press conference link. How these f***ing awful managers keep getting jobs in the Premier League is beyond me.

Because a lot of clubs seem to think they don't matter and buying a load of players will sort everything out. Not a coincidence to me that a lot of the mid table teams who have figured it out have magically gotten significantly better.

Also, the guys who were famous ex-footballers tend to get a free pass based on their popularity without necessarily having the slightest idea how to set up a football team.

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth 43s44 seconds ago

Rafa Benitez said a few players who had been in the treatment room the day before he arrived were fit enough to train yesterday. #nufc

:lol: I fucking bet they were.

Tbh if they were hiding in the treatment room I'd have told them to do one.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its nice to read the thoughts of some LFC fans on here, I may even soften my dislike for that lot. Hopefully Rafa will be a lot better than the other former Liverpool managers who have managed us!

Guest Howaythetoon

Every f***er on here's turned into HTT.

WTF you on about?  ???

Well to put it bluntly, I woke up one day and everyone had turned into an ultra emotional headcase [emoji38]

Let you off, I guess :lol: