Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I sort of agree that Rafa got his tactics wrong for the Aston Villa game but then again, our attacking players are so poor even if we'd went for it from the start it's no guarantee that we would have scored. As an example, Sissoko has scored one goal all season. Our cutting edge is pretty much blunt.

Same feelings, only thing I might have done was leave Cisse on when he brought on Mitro. But just adding strikers doesn't necessarily solve the problem if the team isn't functioning going forward.

If Rafa stays on we will be promoted first try. We'll even get som momentum to gain some positivity and build on for the coming years.

Without Rafa it's pretty much fucked. Hope im proved wrong.

Hope someone says something about the plans for next season pretty soon, regardless of the outcome this week.

I don't think Rafa will even have these sorts of talks until it is mathematically certain that we will go down, even then I think he'll wait until the season has finished.

Expect at least a couple of weeks of uncertainty yet.

If Rafa stays on we will be promoted first try. We'll even get som momentum to gain some positivity and build on for the coming years.

Hope someone says something about the plans for next season pretty soon, regardless of the outcome this week.

Like I said in the other thread, it's not even about getting promotion first time of asking, with Rafa you will have someone who will look after the club and progress it over the next few years. Someone used Defoe as an example of a quality striker covering a multitude of sins. It's the same with a proper manager. Just like Keegan managed to paper over our horrendous running of the club at a higher level, if we give the reins to Benitez and he's allowed to run things as he sees fit, he can erase much of the incompetence of Ashley, Charnley, Concur and the rest.

I hope he stays away, we are down now and I hope we crash and burn. With Rafa that wont happen. Ashley's time is up.

Problem is, that's only true if he thinks it is - he's answerable to no-one (including the fans, he made that crystal clear), and the decision to leave is his and his alone. And unless someone ponys up his asking price (on which, even with relegation, he won't budge) then he stays.

In my opinion he has made three good decisions - appointing Chris Mort (which he subsequently f*cked up), appointing Chris Hughton (which argumentably was a default decision out of his hands) and appointing Rafa Benitez (an astounding coup - months too late). Going down with Rafa gives me the same hope I had about 6 weeks into the last championship season, when it was clear we were going to absolutely walk it. Lose Rafa and that rag-tag bunch of semi professional sh*t-for-brains in the board, and the tourists on the pitch give me no hope whatsoever.

If Rafa has the cojones to stay and fight, he could go down as legendary, not just at NUFC, but in football management as a whole. Would Wenger take on such a challenge? Mourinho? Guardiola? Like f*ck would they. Im not so, *cough* 'deluded' as to think NUFC are some sort of holy grail for managers, but Rafa is here now, we've had a glimpse of what he's capable of and to lose him after only 9 games would be a criminal waste of a fantastic opportunity

To be honest he's done us a service just by joining us.

We are the side who Rafa Benitez joined after Real Madrid, other managers will know of us now. He just gave us some of the status back that Ashley has thrown away.

Like I said in the other thread, it's not even about getting promotion first time of asking, with Rafa you will have someone who will look after the club and progress it over the next few years. Someone used Defoe as an example of a quality striker covering a multitude of sins. It's the same with a proper manager. Just like Keegan managed to paper over our horrendous running of the club at a higher level, if we give the reins to Benitez and he's allowed to run things as he sees fit, he can erase much of the incompetence of Ashley, Charnley, Concur and the rest.

100% agree with this.

I hope he stays away, we are down now and I hope we crash and burn. With Rafa that wont happen. Ashley's time is up.

Problem is, that's only true if he thinks it is - he's answerable to no-one (including the fans, he made that crystal clear), and the decision to leave is his and his alone. And unless someone ponys up his asking price (on which, even with relegation, he won't budge) then he stays.

In my opinion he has made three good decisions - appointing Chris Mort (which he subsequently f*cked up), appointing Chris Hughton (which argumentably was a default decision out of his hands) and appointing Rafa Benitez (an astounding coup - months too late). Going down with Rafa gives me the same hope I had about 6 weeks into the last championship season, when it was clear we were going to absolutely walk it. Lose Rafa and that rag-tag bunch of semi professional sh*t-for-brains in the board, and the tourists on the pitch give me no hope whatsoever.

If Rafa has the cojones to stay and fight, he could go down as legendary, not just at NUFC, but in football management as a whole. Would Wenger take on such a challenge? Mourinho? Guardiola? Like f*ck would they. Im not so, *cough* 'deluded' as to think NUFC are some sort of holy grail for managers, but Rafa is here now, we've had a glimpse of what he's capable of and to lose him after only 9 games would be a criminal waste of a fantastic opportunity

Top post :thup:

i've said for ages i've wanted to see one of these top managers take on an actual challenge rather than just merry-go-round their way about the top jobs

if rafa stays on he's got me for life like, regardless of what happens

i've said for ages i've wanted to see one of these top managers take on an actual challenge rather than just merry-go-round their way about the top jobs

if rafa stays on he's got me for life like, regardless of what happens

Completely agree. How good do you have to be to win with a team that already win? Rafa has more respect from me for taking on NUFC than Mourhinio and the like will ever have. What Claudio Ranieri has achieved with Leicester vastly out ways anything Pep Guardiola has ever done in management.

Guest chopey

It says here giving Dummett a new contract was decided before Rafa arrived: -

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-fans-could-know-11306181

Ryders article contains this beautifully worded Quote...........

"That would put a question mark over the future of chief scout Graham Carr and also whether the club’s current football board structure would is workable"

Having a disagreement on Facebook with some moron who says Benitez is part of the problem because we've only won 2 out of his 9 games in charge.

So hard to make any progress as a club when a significant portion of the fanbase is dumber than fuck.

We've only won 2 but we've picked up 10 points in that time. Over the course of a season that would have put us on 42 points. Part of the problem. :lol:

Having a disagreement on Facebook with some moron who says Benitez is part of the problem because we've only won 2 out of his 9 games in charge.

So hard to make any progress as a club when a significant portion of the fanbase is dumber than fuck.

Not sure the odd social media doylum has that significant an affect on the fortunes of the club.

First mistake.

Refuse point blank to engage with obvious idiots on facebook, why would you ffs? :lol: