Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Scores of people stated he wouldn't even entertain the idea of managing in the championship, here he is confirming in person that it's not an issue. The only obstacle now is him getting the control he wants. Obviously could go either way but I still think he's staying.

Very positive sounding stuff from Benitez, he's got no reason whatsoever to make anything up (and certainly doesn't owe NUFC anything) so I reckon it's totally legit. He wants to see what we offer and how that compares to the likes of Everton and others. Make the right offer and he'll stay.

Over to Charnley.

FFS

Very positive sounding stuff from Benitez, he's got no reason whatsoever to make anything up (and certainly doesn't owe NUFC anything) so I reckon it's totally legit. He wants to see what we offer and how that compares to the likes of Everton and others. Make the right offer and he'll stay.

Over to Charnley.

FFS

:thup:

According to the chronic (I know) he said "two weeks maximum"

And the Everton thing: "I haven't talked with anyone"

He had his lawyers go over his current contract to make sure it was watertight so even if they were at the stage where there was a tacit agreement between both parties, it will take time once lawyers are involved to get to the stage where an announcement could be made.

Everton will be used as 'You know I have other options, right?' tactic, and rightly so. He will know that they routinely fuck things over, so this him putting pressure on them, the fans and local media have already made the point that it's him or bust.

Rafa is such a good guy. Really sounds like he does want to stay and not just leave us after we came up short.

He's right to still use the fact that he could leave as leverage to ensure that he gets the backing he needs from the club. Hope he is able to get them onside. We shall see.

Lets be honest, Rafa was never going to turn round and say 'I'm definitely leaving' a day before a home game where the crowd could be (rightfully) very angry at a relegation.

Look at Watfords' pre/post match interviews for the past few weeks, Flores' has been very non-commital and said similar things to what Rafa did today regarding ongoing talks etc.

I'm less confident after that interview then I was before to be honest.

Sticking point is the weekly blowjob off BendyWendy  :undecided:

I'd take that as a plus.

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article1383128.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/head-of-media-relations-at-newcastle-united-wendy-taylor-with-bust-of-sir-bobby-robson-she-s-planning-an-alpine-trek-for-charity-948348579.jpg

The only thing that's making him think twice about him staying is the untapped potential that attracted him in the first place. If it does transpire he is staying it'll make going down so much easier to take, but it'll be promotion or bust.

Almost can't believe I think this but......

No negativity tomorrow. It's happened, it's been in the post for several years, we saw it coming with pardew, carver and mcsmiley. The writing was on the wall. Ashley knows what we think of him, he doesn't give a ha'penny jizz. Charnley, Carr and all the others...they know what they are, utter frauds, us chanting it won't make a lick of difference.

Those on the pitch? Suddenly remembering they're professionals after 8 months of dickery makes them even more of a bunch of dicks. F*ck them too. No boos, no chants, all but about 3 of you can p*ss off and collect your next cheque at Whoever FC. We don't care who, and clearly, neither do you.

It's all about 1 man, and his name needs to be blasted to the sky from kick off until final whistle and beyond. If he stays we have a chance. If he goes, we are f*cked. And that could well be for a long, long time.

With Rafa we have a future. Without Rafa we accept our standing as second rate. Permanently.

The maximum of 2 weeks was also said during his sky interview so it's on record and not just the Chronicle.

On the Evrton thing he first said he's concentrating on tomorrow's game, then on talks over the next week or two, only then he said "In football you never know". The media are making out as though he's just came out with straight away, he's listed his priorities and they have just been ignored.

He's quite possibly the most intelligent manager we've had at the club. Chooses every word carefully.

See Keegan never bothered to have things written into his contract, he needed the money and blindly trusted Ashley.. it happened all too quickly.

Benitez will have every little curveball eliminated with an iron clad contract, essentially.. he's walked into the situation fully prepared after making notes of every fucking thing that's gone wrong here over the years.

When Ashley said Benitez was formidable, you can bet he wasn't talking about how Benitez was with the players.

Also like any good negotiator, Benitez will have asked for far more than he really needs.. the couple of weeks are so that Charnley can come back with a counter offer (which is still well inside what Rafa wants) but can make the club think they've done a good deal.

And the thing is they will have. He's an exceptional manager.

If this happens, this will be the club rebuilt from the ground up.. exciting times!

The maximum of 2 weeks was also said during his sky interview so it's on record and not just the Chronicle.

Yeah, just the maximum bit wasn't mentioned in the other posts. Could be significant and maybe points to him wanting to stay.

No negativity tomorrow. It's happened, it's been in the post for several years, we saw it coming with pardew, carver and mcsmiley. The writing was on the wall. Ashley knows what we think of him, he doesn't give a ha'penny jizz. Charnley, Carr and all the others...they know what they are, utter frauds, us chanting it won't make a lick of difference.

Those on the pitch? Suddenly remembering they're professionals after 8 months of dickery makes them even more of a bunch of dicks. F*ck them too. No boos, no chants, all but about 3 of you can p*ss off and collect your next cheque at Whoever FC. We don't care who, and clearly, neither do you.

It's all about 1 man, and his name needs to be blasted to the sky from kick off until final whistle and beyond. If he stays we have a chance. If he goes, we are f*cked. And that could well be for a long, long time.

With Rafa we have a future. Without Rafa we accept our standing as second rate. Permanently.

Agree with this, It is proven that chants against the 'perpetrators' doesn't do shit. Everyone can boycott Sports Direct all they want, but it is not going to stop all the chavs from everywhere else in the country getting their cheap Adidas Tracksuits bottoms and 5 pairs of socks for a tenner..

The club finally has a decent manager at the helm and, despite relegation which absolutely sucks arse, there is some hope that this guy will remain in the hotseat to bring the club back into premiership and potentially make the club as great as it once was. The foundations are there in terms of a great Stadium, great passionate fans and an eventful history. No matter how much people hate some of the powers within the club, it is time to get behind the club and get them to do the right thing in keeping this manager here as I am confident that this could be the start of something very special if he stays!

To be honest, no-one expected us to get him here in the first place. Then when the break clause was announced, everyone said he'd leave if we went down.

The fact he having (productive) discussions about staying, shows that there is a chance he will stay on and manage us next season.

We now just have to hope the club have the same ambition as him, to create a good team and (hopefully) get us straight back up, and build from there.

Agree with this, It is proven that chants against the 'perpetrators' doesn't do s***. Everyone can boycott Sports Direct all they want, but it is not going to stop all the chavs from everywhere else in the country getting their cheap Adidas Tracksuits bottoms and 5 pairs of socks for a tenner..

The club finally has a decent manager at the helm and, despite relegation which absolutely sucks arse, there is some hope that this guy will remain in the hotseat to bring the club back into premiership and potentially make the club as great as it once was. The foundations are there in terms of a great Stadium, great passionate fans and an eventful history. No matter how much people hate some of the powers within the club, it is time to get behind the club and get them to do the right thing in keeping this manager here as I am confident that this could be the start of something very special if he stays!

Chants/protests do do shit and yet Ashley still decided to disband the singing section and have stewards forcibly remove banners and posters etc.

Absolutely zero reason for him to come out and talk about staying if there isn't a genuine interest to stay.

Whether the morons that run the show do anything about it and make him an offer he can't refuse or other clubs come in for him with better more attractive offers, who knows.

That he reportedly has a strong relationship with Charnley is only a good thing for leverage.

His future is in the goons and ergo the clubs hands... I'd be happy if retaining our premier league status wasn't also the same scenario and we let it slip through our fingers.