Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

May have to talk to the missus about coming over and bringing the young lad (it's his dream to see us at St James)....bang goes $10k but hopefully can catch a couple of games...because if this works out won't get near getting a Prem ticket for 2017/18...... Dreaming!!!!

That game against Spurs was the turning point for Rafa. I've little doubt that Rafa intended to leave, with regrets and that Spurs game could have gone horribly wrong. As it was, the fans were magnificent, the result was fantastic and everything that Nufc could be was there for Rafa (and perhaps as importantly, for Ashley) to see.

His heart has ruled his head and Ashley witnessed first hand the mood of the fans, had Ashley not been at that game he may not have been so willing to keep Rafa.

The feel good factor has to be maintained. I can still feel the positivity and depth of the support from that Spurs game. Well done the fans, you made the difference and well done to Rafa, he's nobody's fool but he's formed a connection with the fans and he's managed to agree terms which he'll believe will allow him to succeed. There must be a part of Rafa which is still saying that he can't believe he's agreed to stay. Hopefully we'll be talking about that Spurs game in years to come as being a turning point in much the same way we talk about David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth.

Good post. It's clear from the various interviews that he and his family and friends were bowled over by the Spurs game. The matchgoing fans take a lot of stick on here (including from me) but they've worked wonders here and those present at that game deserve a massive pat on the back.

Well said, fair play to everyone that went and sang his name. To all those that stayed behind to clap rather than get on the players backs, did our fanbase real justice. 

I'm definitely going to get to some away games around Yorkshire like. Probably would have done so anyway, but this just confirms it.

Aye me too. Hopefully Barnsley go up.

Need Wednesday to loose their play off too.

That game against Spurs was the turning point for Rafa. I've little doubt that Rafa intended to leave, with regrets and that Spurs game could have gone horribly wrong. As it was, the fans were magnificent, the result was fantastic and everything that Nufc could be was there for Rafa (and perhaps as importantly, for Ashley) to see.

His heart has ruled his head and Ashley witnessed first hand the mood of the fans, had Ashley not been at that game he may not have been so willing to keep Rafa.

The feel good factor has to be maintained. I can still feel the positivity and depth of the support from that Spurs game. Well done the fans, you made the difference and well done to Rafa, he's nobody's fool but he's formed a connection with the fans and he's managed to agree terms which he'll believe will allow him to succeed. There must be a part of Rafa which is still saying that he can't believe he's agreed to stay. Hopefully we'll be talking about that Spurs game in years to come as being a turning point in much the same way we talk about David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth.

Can see why you say that. I heard from someone (who should know) that he had already decided after the Villa game, when he realised Sunderland would probably relegate us v Everton. His heart was already there, but he needed to make sure he could agree the correct terms / working conditions.

I agree that what the Spurs game did do is confirm to him that he had made the right call, and probably more importantly convinced Ashley and Charnley that the only way they could come out of this with any credibility was to give him what he wanted.

Whatever, that Spurs game and the atmosphere was exactly what we needed and hopefully it will be the David Kelly moment. 

I'm definitely going to get to some away games around Yorkshire like. Probably would have done so anyway, but this just confirms it.

:anguish: The reality of the Championship is hitting me

Alternative is Milwall :lol:

Alternative is Milwall :lol:

:suicide:

We took up over a third of their ground last time. :lol:

And we were shite. :lol:

Much rather them than Milwall. I was with my dad yesterday who isn't interested in football (actually admitted that it was hooliganism that stopped from following football) and even he was saying that he hopes Milwall don't come up. In fact he even said that they should just be thrown out of the football league as they haven't even bothered to kick out the hooligans that they have like every other club has done.

There's nothing wrong with Barnsley, I've seen us play them loads of times and it will be like a home game if they'll give us enough tickets.  I hope they do get up and it will be a great day out.