Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Absolutely buzzing, which is crazy considering we have been relegated BUT we have genuine hope again, which is something we have not had in a long time

Looking forward to go to some matches, also will take my son which is a huge moment because at 7 by not taking him previously there is always the threat that he will support the "bigger" teams BUT I will make sure the brainwashing starts, just need Wonga off the tops before I can buy him the kit again as well

Massive credit to Rafa, the easy thing would have been for him to walk away and get an easier job BUT he knows the potential of the club, which is class considering the amount of people that try to put us down, even amongst our own support

Buying him a retro shirt perhaps?..

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/premiership-clubs/newcastle.html?p=15

newcastle-99-home-use_6_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2_2_1_1_1_2_2_1_1_1_2_1_4_1_1_1_4_1.jpg

Or maybe....

http://www.toffs.com/newcastle-united-1972-1974-childrens-shirt-5

Wonga won't be on the children's tops next year, new ruling means them alongside betting websites and alcohol sponsorships can no longer be on children's tops.

That game against Spurs was the turning point for Rafa. I've little doubt that Rafa intended to leave, with regrets and that Spurs game could have gone horribly wrong. As it was, the fans were magnificent, the result was fantastic and everything that Nufc could be was there for Rafa (and perhaps as importantly, for Ashley) to see.

His heart has ruled his head and Ashley witnessed first hand the mood of the fans, had Ashley not been at that game he may not have been so willing to keep Rafa.

The feel good factor has to be maintained. I can still feel the positivity and depth of the support from that Spurs game. Well done the fans, you made the difference and well done to Rafa, he's nobody's fool but he's formed a connection with the fans and he's managed to agree terms which he'll believe will allow him to succeed. There must be a part of Rafa which is still saying that he can't believe he's agreed to stay. Hopefully we'll be talking about that Spurs game in years to come as being a turning point in much the same way we talk about David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth.

That game against Spurs was the turning point for Rafa. I've little doubt that Rafa intended to leave, with regrets and that Spurs game could have gone horribly wrong. As it was, the fans were magnificent, the result was fantastic and everything that Nufc could be was there for Rafa (and perhaps as importantly, for Ashley) to see.

His heart has ruled his head and Ashley witnessed first hand the mood of the fans, had Ashley not been at that game he may not have been so willing to keep Rafa.

The feel good factor has to be maintained. I can still feel the positivity and depth of the support from that Spurs game. Well done the fans, you made the difference and well done to Rafa, he's nobody's fool but he's formed a connection with the fans and he's managed to agree terms which he'll believe will allow him to succeed. There must be a part of Rafa which is still saying that he can't believe he's agreed to stay. Hopefully we'll be talking about that Spurs game in years to come as being a turning point in much the same way we talk about David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth.

Good post. It's clear from the various interviews that he and his family and friends were bowled over by the Spurs game. The matchgoing fans take a lot of stick on here (including from me) but they've worked wonders here and those present at that game deserve a massive pat on the back.