Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

We played that many defensive players? :lol:

2 LB's, 2 RB's (Anita our first choice at RB), two CDM's. Our only attacking players were the two strikers. No subs until nearly the 70th minute again (other than the forced sub).

I think Rafa's system really does require players with a touch of class to get the best from it. Just look at the difference one player like Shelvey can make. Without that quality it just looks dull and short of invention.

I think Rafa's system really does require players with a touch of class to get the best from it. Just look at the difference one player like Shelvey can make. Without that quality it just looks dull and short of invention.

was just talking about this - when shelvey players the players move into space a lot more in wide areas as presumably they know to expect it but he's also the type of midfielder who forces those runs with the quality and range of passing

colback, tiote & hayden simply can't bring this to the team so we're very static without him playing in lines rather than stretching the opposition

We looked good for the first 15 minutes and should have been more than 1-0 up but the rest was turgid. Never going to create anything through the middle with a midfield three of Tiote (liability), Colback (liability) and Anita (not a liability but offers little else in central midfield).

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez told BBC Newcastle:

"It was a difficult game from the start against a difficult team. We knew that they play good football here, but I think we started well.

"We needed to work hard in defence to ensure we didn't concede. But we did at the beginning of the second half after losing one player and then another and another after that.

"Then we had to keep reacting and it was a very good goal by Daryl Murphy, which we have to enjoy as it was very difficult to get three points.

"To stay at the top of the Championship, we have to work hard in every single game."

Nothing changed on transfer policy. Seems to suggest no one signed because clubs won't sell who he wants

Which is good because it means he's not prepared to lower his standards. It's a policy that will work out in the long run, we'll get exponentially better season on season while he's here.

Guest firetotheworks

Good news, he wouldn't lie. Unlike the people above him.

:thup: Going to approach it this way. I can't be arsed to go back to worrying all the time.