Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

People totally overestimate the gap in quality between the two leagues.

7 new first teamers needed ffs :lol:

By all means tell us which of our players beyond the obvious 4 are PL quality. I think that would be a lot funnier.

You could look at the Burnley starting XI from yesterday and do the same. You're a smart enough lad to know football doesn't work like that.

Rafa Benitez is probably the best manager we'll see here for decades. I'd rather not waste his talent expecting him to get the most out of average and abject players when he should be allowed to spend serious money and mould a squad into something competitive.

Rafa Benitez is probably the best manager we'll see here for decades. I'd rather not waste his talent expecting him to get the most out of average and abject players when he should be allowed to spend serious money and mould a squad into something competitive, though.

I'm sure everyone agrees with that.

Guest neesy111

People totally overestimate the gap in quality between the two leagues.

7 new first teamers needed ffs :lol:

By all means tell us which of our players beyond the obvious 4 are PL quality. I think that would be a lot funnier.

You could look at the Burnley starting XI from yesterday and do the same. You're a smart enough lad to know football doesn't work like that.

Rafa Benitez is probably the best manager we'll see here for decades. I'd rather not waste his talent expecting him to get the most out of average and abject players when he should be allowed to spend serious money and mould a squad into something competitive.

As if his level is going to be to get us playing to a level like Burnley this season.  He'll have far far higher ambitions.

Exactly. He's a winner. There's no way he'll go into a season looking to finish 17th and above.

We're wasting our window with him if we don't back him completely from the off. Given our financial situation there's absolutely no excuse not to.

Exactly. He's a winner. There's no way he'll go into a season looking to finish 17th and above.

We're wasting our window with him if we don't back him completely from the off. Given our financial situation there's absolutely no excuse not to.

totally agree.

Ashleys the one that needs convincing- Im not sure hes listening

I'm not obsessed with the specific number of pounds net TBF, should be pretty clear whether Rafa is happy with the backing he gets.

In a nutshell basically. If we need 4 new players or 10, Rafa will say so. If he's still here next season then he'll have been given the funds needed to compete next season.

totally agree.

Also agree

I find people saying there's not much difference in the two leagues puzzling. I have a ST and I've never seen such poor standard of football at SJP, from both teams. Honestly the quality of some of the teams that have come and beaten us is absolutely embarrassing. The reffing is beyond belief too.

Guest chopey

totally agree.

Also agree

I find people saying there's not much difference in the two leagues puzzling. I have a ST and I've never seen such poor standard of football at SJP, from both teams. Honestly the quality of some of the teams that have come and beaten us is absolutely embarrassing. The reffing is beyond belief too.

100% this.......................the amount of easy chances Championship strikers have missed against us this season in insane and although I do enjoy the league and will still watch it next year the standard is very low.

The league standard is a mile away from the premier but people forget that our squad is designed to tackle the championship so will resemble a championship team in it's quest.

Barring a disaster, next season's football in the premier league will be played with the exact same formation, the same tactics but I guarantee that we'll get more plaudits.

Absolutely making a hash of this season. Said it from week 1 of the season. Resources we have versus the turgid shite he serves up week in week out is unacceptable. I'll say it again, if Pardew was in charge there would be up roar. I don't get the support for Rafa.

Absolutely making a hash of this season. Said it from week 1 of the season. Resources we have versus the turgid s**** he serves up week in week out is unacceptable. I'll say it again, if Pardew was in charge there would be up roar. I don't get the support for Rafa.

:lol: shiiit

Absolutely making a hash of this season. Said it from week 1 of the season. Resources we have versus the turgid shite he serves up week in week out is unacceptable. I'll say it again, if Pardew was in charge there would be up roar. I don't get the support for Rafa.

:lol: :lol:

Always fun to re-quote this:

I dont know why everyone is so negative towards this bloke. After all after the portsmouth game you were all licking his arse stating how much of a good job he has done etc etc etc. Now after a poor xmas period (which we never fucking do well in anyway) you want him out. From reading this forum for a while everytime we go through a bad patch the majority of regular posters want the manager out. Joe Kinnear has done a decent job considering the state that the club is in. Had we won those tight games in which we drew we would be level on points with Wigan who by all accounts are having a great season.

What we need is a little bit of stability and if Kinnear is going to give us a few seasons of mid table consolodation while putting in place a quality scouting network and continue to develop our academy then so be it.

The last thing we need is to get rid of him and bring in another high paid so called savoiur only to be in the same position. The problems we have are not going be fixed by changing the manager, its much deeper than that. If it wasnt for Kinnear lets face it we would probably be bottom of the league right now, but with Kinnear we are in 11th position.

The problem with this forum is that the majority of posters only know Newcastle United from KK first reign in charge and therefore havent seen or experienced the dark days of the eighties and early ninety's where we were really shit. I am not saying this position that the club finds itself in is acceptable but it could be a lot worse....look at Leeds United.

Kinnear done miracles at Wimbledon, give him a chance to change us around..... we may be suprised

:lol: :lol:

Absolutely making a hash of this season. Said it from week 1 of the season. Resources we have versus the turgid s**** he serves up week in week out is unacceptable. I'll say it again, if Pardew was in charge there would be up roar. I don't get the support for Rafa.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/cold30/Stone-Cold.gif

As if Pardew would have had us in the top 2 man.

With this squad he possibly would... However we would not have 50k+ every week. We would not be starting games with the whole of the gallowgate singing the managers name!!

I agree with some of your sentiment, I've been disappointed with alot of Rafa's decisions too.. but its RAFA BENITEZ.. we're Newcastle in the fucking Championship..! Not supporting him is suicide. He has completely galvanised the club when it was crumbling. Look at the support we're getting at home (albeit with too much grumbling when its not going to plan) and away.

We need to continue to back him or we're stuck with Ashley and whatever joker he'll find