Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

my fear is he sticks the current situation out, limps through this season, with a promise of bigger spending from a second round of TV money. Only for Ashley to see survival as vindication for his spending limitations......and back around we go.

Its simple for me - if he/we can survive this season and he is given all the TV revenue he will stay.  Clearly that's all dependent on us getting through with the players we have got, which I think we can do.

Also gives us some time to try and get rid of the 6-8 players we all feel have no future here (which is not going to be easy).

The longer he stays, the less likely he is to want to abandon the 'project' imo. I think he and Ashley could work together for a while with a back and forward relationship. The reasons he joined are still paramount, family, geography, premier league, etc. I'd be really surprised if he left before his contract ends.

I did think that until I saw the Ashley interview  in full. His deliberate deflections like we can't spend £200m on players like Man City were unnecessary bullshit. Then there was the rubbish about wanting to produce a team of Andy Carrolls, the sort of shit we used to hear when Ardiles was manager trying to pitch together a team of local youngsters. If Ashley can just stop sticking his oar in and let Rafa actually spend the money that's generated then he'll stay. Watching that interview though, that seems unlikely.

Not convinced Ashley will be happy with being shown up for being a liar like.

It's never bothered him previously.

Disagree, he's very thin-skinned when it comes to legitimate and pointed criticism. He'll have sat back after that Sky interview thinking all was well, clearly Rafa isn't in the mood to move on just yet.

I'm not worried like I used to be, but this isn't going to go away.

I'd love to know what changed. Why tell Rafa he can have all the money, only to then pull the rug? It was different with Keegan. He was lied to about Dennis Wise and levels of control. Rafa has it in his contract that he is in control.

Ashley can continue to withhold cash (if that is what he is doing, which seems to be the case) and Rafa can continue to slate him in the press, rightly so.

He can sack Rafa and pay him up, then have the backlash of the fans.

Rafa can resign, and Ashley has the backlash of the fans.

Nowt is ever simple. Just back Rafa, give him the money, let him go to work. Why are we messing this man around?

Reckon it's quite possibly all down to that Barnes bloke myself. The money might well be there but if some random cunt suddenly starts throwing his oar in then it's not the same situation.