Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Absolutely detest the bloke however he is a world class manager and the best we could ever hope for at this point.

Just slagged him off for the past few month at Madrid because his negativity is painful but right now we need results and he should get them.

He wouldn't be in my top three and I'm not massively excited over this appointment but if we pull this off it will be the biggest relief we've not appointed some cheap English cunt once again.

I don't know if it's been posted before, but one of the few things I trust Balagué in, is when he talks about Benítez:

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague  5h5 hours ago

Guillem Balague Retweeted Andy Powell

I am pretty sure he has been approached. It is a risky move for him if the club only think of today and not tomorrow

He is the only one i trust, approached is very different to accepting as we have seen in the transfer market ! Don't get to excited

Just a year ago, you were defending Pardew to the hilt.

:lol: always said I'd be happy for Pardew to go if we got Ashley to appoint a top class manager. Just never had faith him to do so. We ended up with McClaren which is kind of what I feared. Thankfully this time he may have got it right.

Bielsa would have been my big money choice. I've just never liked Benitez. Didn't want him at Madrid, he was quickly found out there but this is a big step down and he should be able to get us out this mess which is all we need at this point.

Absolutely detest the bloke however he is a world class manager and the best we could ever hope for at this point.

Just slagged him off for the past few month at Madrid because his negativity is painful but right now we need results and he should get them.

He wouldn't be in my top three and I'm not massively excited over this appointment but if we pull this off it will be the biggest relief we've not appointed some cheap English cunt once again.

There's something wrong with you, lad.

I feel the same, tbh. If he keeps us up then great. Is he better than what we have right now? Sure. If I could pick anyone at all, it wouldn't be him. And I don't think that it matters very much in the long term outside of keeping us up this season. The way the club is structured needs to change. Recruitment needs to be better. We need to identify our strengths and play to them instead of trying to shoehorn a big box retail business model onto our club. The manager isn't going to change any of that.

He wouldn't be in my top three and I'm not massively excited over this appointment but if we pull this off it will be the biggest relief we've not appointed some cheap English c*** once again.

Each to their own. If i detest the bloke, hardly going to be jumping for joy. His CV speaks for himself, he's world class and he gives us a great chance of staying up. For now that's the most important thing.