Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I mean on one hand, there's not better way of making a club your own than the kind of total clear out relegation brings.  My worry is if he starts making demands about how much freedom or funds he gets our lot will go "Nar, don't need a manager who'll be awkward and want players for the team instead of as a spin on the sell-on gambler, certainly ain't payin' 'im that much neither, came up last time with that Irish geezer we found in the locker room and he was practically free."

Fair enough if they don't want promotion and to continue on their downward spiral.

Even they must realise it is not working and there needs to be radical changes.

http://i.imgur.com/QujpSmX.jpg?1

I mean on one hand, there's not better way of making a club your own than the kind of total clear out relegation brings.  My worry is if he starts making demands about how much freedom or funds he gets our lot will go "Nar, don't need a manager who'll be awkward and want players for the team instead of as a spin on the sell-on gambler, certainly ain't payin' 'im that much neither, came up last time with that Irish geezer we found in the locker room and he was practically free."

Fair enough if they don't want promotion and to continue on their downward spiral.

Even they must realise it is not working and there needs to be radical changes.

I think they genuinely believe it'll be just as easy to come back up this time as it was in 2009-10. And they're sorely fucking mistaken if that's the case.

I don't think this will drag on. Rafa is too sound to treat the fans like that and if the club are being cunts at all he'll tell them to piss off.

Think we'll know by early next week.

:lol: We'll know after the game when he waves goodbye on the fucking pitch.

I think in our heart of hearts we know he won't be around after Sunday. Rafael Benitez, one of the most decorated managers in modern day history, isn't going to be taking his seat in the dugout at Burton Albion, Brentford and Rotherham next season. He's far better than that, a completely different level altogether and he'll get a job more suitable to his standing in the game. Nowt but respect for the bloke for coming in and trying to rescue an impossible situation and I wish him well wherever he ends up.

I had 0% belief or expectation that he'd join us in the first place--so I'm going to go on ahead and have 0% belief or expectation that he'll stay. Maybe he'll again prove that I have 0% ability to accurately predict his behavior. :lol:

It's not difficult, if a job offer comes in and the money is better he would leave, if it's better money to stay here he might stay.

It all comes down to money in any job.

Me personally would offer him a decent salary with automatic promotion or title bonus, and hope he's interested.

I had 0% belief or expectation that he'd join us in the first place--so I'm going to go on ahead and have 0% belief or expectation that he'll stay. Maybe he'll again prove that I have 0% ability to accurately predict his behavior. :lol:

It wasn't him I doubted, it was the club TBH.

Imagine having the opportunity to pacify/delight potentially hundreds of thousands of people in one move, and not taking it. I know the board members are hardly people pleasers, but Christ.

George CaulkinVerified account

‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Rafa Benitez has met Lee Charnley at #Nufc training ground today for talks about future. "Productive" say club. No decision imminent though.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah, the customary NUFC method of maximising the disappointment by deliberately trying to give the fans hope.