Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Right, I've been away from the Internet for a couple of weeks, I'm trying to find out what actually happened here, can anyone give a quick summary?

It seems everyone is happy with Benitez but he might not be staying? :lol:

We signed no one in January. Fans were disappointed. Rafa seemed angry/confused at the situation.

Rags started in with talk of a dust-up behind the scenes. Some dismissed it as predictable paper talk and Rafa being disappointed with the QPR result, others pointed to both Rafa's reaction and the weeks earlier stories about Ashley's re-involvement as an indicator that at least something had gone on.

Then Rafa comes out and says that the club "can't make the same mistakes again" which I'm fairly certain everybody now reads as proof that there was something that went on. We'll never know the full details.

Now predictions are focused on whether or not the club will "make the same mistakes again" in the summer which would lead to Rafa's inevitable walking.

My hopes are not high that they won't.

Thanks man! Hmmmm, I'll have to find the interview Rafa said that in to understand it in that context, I suppose. I don't know if it seems a good thing either, tbh. I'm going to assume the worst is going to happen, unfortunately.

If he takes us up it's a job done for him. I actually believe he'd love to spend a good few years here, but he has a burning ambition to win major honours which is something our owner couldn't give a fuck about. Again I will put money on this, he will take us up get an offer and we won't stand in his way, grateful that we can then get someone in as a lackey.

Yup - I'd happily put money on him going too, so if anyone wants to take that bet then I'm in.

Right, I've been away from the Internet for a couple of weeks, I'm trying to find out what actually happened here, can anyone give a quick summary?

It seems everyone is happy with Benitez but he might not be staying? :lol:

We signed no one in January. Fans were disappointed. Rafa seemed angry/confused at the situation.

Rags started in with talk of a dust-up behind the scenes. Some dismissed it as predictable paper talk and Rafa being disappointed with the QPR result, others pointed to both Rafa's reaction and the weeks earlier stories about Ashley's re-involvement as an indicator that at least something had gone on.

Then Rafa comes out and says that the club "can't make the same mistakes again" which I'm fairly certain everybody now reads as proof that there was something that went on. We'll never know the full details.

Now predictions are focused on whether or not the club will "make the same mistakes again" in the summer which would lead to Rafa's inevitable walking.

My hopes are not high that they won't.

Thanks man! Hmmmm, I'll have to find the interview Rafa said that in to understand it in that context, I suppose. I don't know if it seems a good thing either, tbh. I'm going to assume the worst is going to happen, unfortunately.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/benitezs-pre-derby-h-media-briefing?autoplay=true#

If he takes us up it's a job done for him. I actually believe he'd love to spend a good few years here, but he has a burning ambition to win major honours which is something our owner couldn't give a f*** about. Again I will put money on this, he will take us up get an offer and we won't stand in his way, grateful that we can then get someone in as a lackey.

..especially if the club that wants him has to pay compo to Ashley...he'd be rubbing his hands with glee !

If he walks in summer we won't get another top quality manager under Ashley, they'll all know that they wouldn't even back benitez properly.

The club would be finished as a potentially major force in the game - any manager worth their salt wouldn't touch the job with a barge-pole and Ashley will use it as a cash-cow until it eventually becomes a liability to him - then he might sell but the damage will have been done. I cannot see him going for at least 3-4 years.

I just dont get how a "clever" businessman like MA wants to fuck this up, if he wants to make money then make it a success ffs, Rafa id like to think will stay next season, why not? IF we go up he would have big funds because we HAVE to spend to survive as this squad comes straight back down, Rafa has a big salary , he's loved so why go anywhere else?

Rafa will get an offer from somewhere,,maybe China, thats the worry.

Ashley doesn't want success, he wants premier league survival on a budget with the purchase, development and sale of young players. Ashley's ideal manager would be Wenger, he's got Rafa that will take us back up but it won't take much for him to leave once he realises the premier league conditions.

One man is waiting in the wings that's cheap, faithful, does everything he's told and has done the job before to Ashley's exact specifications.

Rafa is such a class man that he will ensure us promotion eventhough deep down, he has the same feeling as us that Ashley, Carr and the rest of the gang will screw him over in the summer and he might have to walk away. If I was in the same position, I'd probably leave now and let Ashley's wet billion pounds dream go down the drain.

I just dont get how a "clever" businessman like MA wants to f*** this up, if he wants to make money then make it a success ffs, Rafa id like to think will stay next season, why not? IF we go up he would have big funds because we HAVE to spend to survive as this squad comes straight back down, Rafa has a big salary , he's loved so why go anywhere else?

Ashley is making a mint out of us and has been from near enough day one.

For starters, If he was interested in us being successful then our income would have been maximised instead of as much as he can get away with being diverted elsewhere. Things like stadium sponsorship and club merchandise. 

There's also the small issue of attaching pretend debt to the club accounts to the tune of £129m and the soon to be added £33m no doubt.  All done to put bidders off and allow his exploits free reign.

This is also a reason why Rafa and any ambitious type will never have any sort of full control here because once they know the true picture of diverting or missed income opportunity, they'll be on it like a shot.

I just dont get how a "clever" businessman like MA wants to f*** this up, if he wants to make money then make it a success ffs, Rafa id like to think will stay next season, why not? IF we go up he would have big funds because we HAVE to spend to survive as this squad comes straight back down, Rafa has a big salary , he's loved so why go anywhere else?

For starters, If he was interested in us being successful then our income would have been maximised instead of as much as he can get away with being diverted elsewhere. Things like stadium sponsorship and club merchandise. 

There's also the small issue of attaching pretend debt to the club accounts to the tune of £129m and the soon to be added £33m no doubt.  All done to put bidders off and allow his exploits free reign.

This is also a reason why Rafa and any ambitious type will never have any sort of full control here because once they know the true picture of diverting or missed income opportunity, they'll be on it like a short.

He's making a mint?.. can you explain that in financial terms please?  Because being relegated twice doesn't make you a mint like.  The "fake debt" you're referring to are basically losses covered.  I mean I get the whole "you can't owe debt to yourself" thing, but the fact is that debt is still money spent to cover losses.

I mean the blokes a cunt yes, would I like him to suffer a heart attack? yeah I would.  But the stuff you're coming out with is a fantasy.

This is also a reason why Rafa and any ambitious type will never have any sort of full control here because once they know the true picture of diverting or missed income opportunity, they'll be on it like a short.

He's making a mint?.. can you explain that in financial terms please? Because being relegated twice doesn't make you a mint like.  The "fake debt" you're referring to are basically losses covered.  I mean I get the whole "you can't owe debt to yourself" thing, but the fact is that debt is still money spent to cover losses.

I mean the blokes a c*** yes, would I like him to suffer a heart attack? yeah I would.  But the stuff you're coming out with is a fantasy.

Look at the SD share prices and turnover/profit from when he purchased the club to where they are today. It'd be naïve to suggest that the free advertising in a mostly Premier-league setting has generated, let alone renaming the stadium to that of his brand, again for free, has not made an impact on his personal wealth.

He's making a mint?.. can you explain that in financial terms please?  Because being relegated twice doesn't make you a mint like.  The "fake debt" you're referring to are basically losses covered.  I mean I get the whole "you can't owe debt to yourself" thing, but the fact is that debt is still money spent to cover losses.

I mean the blokes a c*** yes, would I like him to suffer a heart attack? yeah I would.  But the stuff you're coming out with is a fantasy.

Are the 'loans' not also a way to satisfy FFP rules? i.e. a Millionaire/Billionaire owner cant just lump their own money in as/when he wants or needs to, hence making it a 'loan' from him to the football club even though he owns it?

I agree he'll also probably want that back if he ever sells the club as part of the asking price, but again, I doubt he would be allowed to just throw his own money into the club coffers and forget about it, even if it is to cover losses/keep things running. Therefore the 'loans' and the 'debt' are real.

Ashley would never admit it but the interest we save (to him or a bank) is probably far less than the true benefit sports direct get from this. It most like outweighs interest costs, hence he is happy to keep it debt free. Reslity is he will never make the kind of money from nufc over his SD wealth but SD benefit massively from the deal.  Explains why we have such low commercial income as well IMO.

Some very encouraging noises from a big Ashley ally and a NUFC employee........do not mess this up; you fat bastard!

'It's a pleasure to be around him': Peter Beardsley's fascinating insight into the 'Rafalution'

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-pleasure-around-him-peter-12574944#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

“We can ask him a question, text him, ring him or whatever. The big thing for me is he treats everybody the same.

“With all due respect it doesn’t matter if you are a cleaner or kitchen porter, whoever, we’re all treated the same but in a positive way.

So incredible finally having a real human being around the place. Could you imagine Pardew even looking at a cleaner? "Don't look the King in the eye..."