Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

No chance he goes to Everton. Just like I'm fairly certain he'd never go to Villareal.

There's little rivalry between Villarreal and Valencia. Too little story between those two clubs. Heck, when Villarreal was first promoted and became a stable presence in La Liga, it was said Valencia and Villarreal were a "brotherhood", with loads of Valencia players going on loan there.

Now, what's happened is that Valencia's fortunes have dwindled while Villarreal have become successful, so that kinda irks Valencia fans. But there isn't a deep rivalry there. If you ask a Valencia fan who are their rivals, he will say Madrid and Barcelona (while we don't give much of a s*** about them).

There's also a small local rivalry with Levante, but this also has been hurt by the fact that they have rarely played in the same division.

No chance he goes to Everton. Just like I'm fairly certain he'd never go to Villareal.

There's little rivalry between Villarreal and Valencia. Too little story between those two clubs. Heck, when Villarreal was first promoted and became a stable presence in La Liga, it was said Valencia and Villarreal were a "brotherhood", with loads of Valencia players going on loan there.

Now, what's happened is that Valencia's fortunes have dwindled while Villarreal have become successful, so that kinda irks Valencia fans. But there isn't a deep rivalry there. If you ask a Valencia fan who are their rivals, he will say Madrid and Barcelona (while we don't give much of a s*** about them).

There's also a small local rivalry with Levante, but this also has been hurt by the fact that they have rarely played in the same division.

:thup: Thought they were bigger rivals. You think Benitez would manage Villareal if the situation was right?

:thup: Thought they were bigger rivals. You think Benitez would manage Villareal if the situation was right?

I don't think so at the moment. But that's mostly because he's said he wants to stay in England for a while; he reportedly was approached by Valencia before signing for you and turned them down.

I don't think so at the moment. But that's mostly because he's said he wants to stay in England for a while; he reportedly was approached by Valencia before signing for you and turned them down.

Yeah, I meant if removing all other factors would he manage Valencia's "rival."

Regardless, despite the convenience of it being near his home, I cannot see him ever going to Everton given his relationship with Liverpool supporters.

There is very little rivalry between Everton and Liverpool, apart from in the mind of a small minority of idiots (but every club has some of them).

How many mackems would be allowed to sit inside SJP in their red and white clobber? Seeing an Everton fan in the Liverpool end the other week was bizarre.

Liverpool see Man Utd as their biggest rivalry.

There are real feelings involved, that's the big difference. Newcastle, though overly dominated by dickhead students, has to some extent progressed as a diverse metropolis while Sunderland really is one of the worst places, if not the worst, in this country. Going through the primary catchment areas of their support is genuinely like driving back into 1983. It's sheer insecurity, self-hatred and envy and I wish our lot would just rise above it and forget about them.

That table is really rubbish like, since the 15th of April, we've played 4 games, a few teams (Norwich) have only played 2, so it seems a bit unfair :lol: Still at least we're top

Our rivalry seems the absolute most bitter in England tbh...or am I wrong?

Plenty others.

West Ham & Millwall

Portsmouth & Southampton

Are two that have more than football at the heart of them, similar to here to do with dock workers and strikes etc.

I think between-city rivalries are more heated. In Liverpool, for example, the reds and blues have to walk past eachother in the street every day, see each other in shops, work together etc.

You don't really get that with Newcastle/Sunderland, add to that that it's miles to the next nearest club of note.

I think between-city rivalries are more heated. In Liverpool, for example, the reds and blues have to walk past eachother in the street every day, see each other in shops, work together etc.

You don't really get that with Newcastle/Sunderland, add to that that it's miles to the next nearest club of note.

I vehemently disagree. The city/town v city/town combines way more than just football. Loads of people I know who are Newcastle/Tyneside who don't even like football have very little positive to say about mackems/Sunlun.

I vehemently disagree. The city/town v city/town combines way more than just football. Loads of people I know who are Newcastle/Tyneside who don't even like football have very little positive to say about mackems/Sunlun.

You mean you vehemently agree? :)