Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Couldn't see Rafa going for international management yet like. He seems very hands-on and like he enjoys being involved in running a football club day to day

You don't get asked to manage you're home country every day though do you?

He's 56. International management is more of an older coaches role. Rafa loves the day to day of football management. I don't think he'd want to be an International manager at this point in his career.

As for managing Everton, going by their fan forum, their fans hate Rafa for his Liverpool association. Why go somewhere he isn't liked when he could (hopefully) stay somewhere he'll be loved?

If (as is looking almost nailed on) we go down, I'd love to think the club would offer him whatever control and funds he needs, and ask him to give us one season to get us back up... if we fail, he can walk away.

But then I remember how Ashley treated Shearer, and worry that even if Rafa wanted to stay, then he may not be given the chance.

I'm not saying Rafa will stay but a season in the Championship is 9 months (August to May). If he stayed and was given free reign over the whole club to put his rebuild plans into place, surely he'd be confident that he'd get us promotion at his first attempt? He was interested in taking us on as a project. Is a 9 month stay in the Championship really a deal breaker on a 3 year project (his contract is for 3 years)? At least he may be able to get rid of the losing mentality from the club if we were winning most games.

i don't think he'll be that bothered by the championship, i'm convincing myself he's going to stay [emoji38]

[emoji38] Just leaning into the uppercut here, mojo.

Well phrased!

But, according to Marca, Newcastle are confident the former Real Madrid manager will stay.

The Spanish newspaper claims Benitez is overwhelmed by the support he has got from fans and that he is now determined to rebuild the club.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/newcastle-convinced-rafa-benitez-will-stay-manager-if-club-are-relegated-premier-league#mDyk8UdWoxvCoaEt.99

It's the hope that kills you....

I'm not saying Rafa will stay but a season in the Championship is 9 months (August to May). If he stayed and was given free reign over the whole club to put his rebuild plans into place, surely he'd be confident that he'd get us promotion at his first attempt? He was interested in taking us on as a project. Is a 9 month stay in the Championship really a deal breaker on a 3 year project (his contract is for 3 years)? At least he may be able to get rid of the losing mentality from the club if we were winning most games.

i don't think he'll be that bothered by the championship, i'm convincing myself he's going to stay :lol:

:lol: Just leaning into the uppercut here, mojo.

:lol: This is what happens when you only follow one sport. We have to allocate our pain over several. Knock out punch vs. body blows.

Guest chopey

Thats me convinced, Rafa stays, get rid of the shite, rebuild the club from the ground up and rebuild the first team around new captain Michael Carrick

Guest Gomez

Is there actually anything in the Spain link or are people just putting two and two together? Because I'd be shocked if that happened.

Doesnt even matter if he wants to stay (well it does but y'know). It's if the club wants him. He's on Prem wages and I doubt he'll take any significant cut in the Championship. Ashley won't pay for him and he'll leave

i don't think he'll be that bothered by the championship, i'm convincing myself he's going to stay :lol:

:lol: This is what happens when you only follow one sport. We have to allocate our pain over several. Knock out punch vs. body blows.

at least with the knockout punch you don't know much about it until it's all over :lol:

Doesnt even matter if he wants to stay (well it does but y'know). It's if the club wants him. He's on Prem wages and I doubt he'll take any significant cut in the Championship. Ashley won't pay for him and he'll leave

He'll just fuck him over at some point anyway. The guy has no respect for people and pretending he's going to have some moral, altruistic epiphany or just end his stubborn failed model at the drop of a hat is lunacy. He's thick and he'll do what he's always done.

:lol: Follow shit teams long enough and you're like

imJ7OMZ.gif

This is the typical NUFC way.

Honestly, if this happens maybe more people will open their eyes to the clowns in charge.

Honestly, if this happens maybe more people will open their eyes to the clowns in charge.

And it would be such a typically NUFC shortsighted view - short-term profit over long-term gain.  Ticket sales will make a significant contribution to his wages if he stays.

And those ticket sales are unlikely to happen with another manager.

I'm not sure this time. I think there actually will be a shitstorm if we go down and he leaves, and Ashley knows it. I think he's relying on him staying to have even the slightest chance of people going back next season.

He was brought in too late as always with the useless w*****s!

He left Real Madrid on January 4th and we appointed him on March 11th so we could have brought him in eight league matches earlier! I think we’d be fine if we’d brought him in even two matches earlier, after the 5-1 humping at Chelsea, as he would have had two and a half weeks to work with the players before Stoke away and Bournemouth at home!

Not so sure to be honest. There's people I've talked to at work where they said they thought Rafa was a terrible appointment and would have preferred Moyes or Pearson  :anguish: