Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He's not stupid.  If he stays he's going to make sure he's got everything he needs to do the job he wants, not just sign the first thing Charnley puts in front of him.

Quick paraphrase of what they quoted him saying on SSN

"Obviously I'm disappointed to be relegated because we can't achieve what we wanted to achieve. We'll have more meetings with regards to my own future as manager at the club. The things that have been said have been positive and we'll continue to have meetings. I want the same as the fans, a successful & strong team, and to get promoted to the PL as soon as possible."

What a batshit mental club we are man, for one of the most decorated european managers of the last 20 years to seemingly want to manage a relegated club owned by an absolute tit is mental.

I think it's up to the club now, if they want him they'll get him.

And this is where it all comes crumbling down, sadly.

I take heart though, that we must mean something to him already as it would be the easiest thing in the world for him to walk away.

The problem with him getting total control is it would surely necessitate regular contact with the owner - which we all know won't happen.

Only really refers to footballing matters. I.e, who we sign.

All they have to promise, is to let him have the final say on transfers.

Going down might not be a bad thing in the long run imo, players who have let us down will want to move. We can them out because we've gone down, the players will push for it as well as their agents, and teams will be interested despite how shit they've been.

We can get players with more about them in, build on it and buy players when we do come up, who are better than the shower of shit we have. Players who aren't just here as a stepping stone.

All of that above matters if Rafa stays of course, because he'll have total control and i trust him to buy and sell the right players and get us back up.

If Rafa doesn't, forget the bollocks i just wrote.

If the club really want him surely it doesn't take two weeks? It's not like he'll want 100m transfer funds. Can't see any argument from the club's point of view that power shouldn't be transferred to Benitez. Not one person within the club is doing their job well so should have no claim to retaining their role/power.

He's got leverage and he's using it, I'm sure he wants to stay but on his terms and that can only be good for us if he gets it.

Until he gets fucked over in October.

The club are in a position now they've never been in, someone else giving them the terms. They have to relinquish total control otherwise he'll leave and they probably don't know what to do.