Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Not only does it look like we're getting a great manager and bloke, but it could also be a massive change for the better regarding pretty much everything. Finally some hope, finally. Despite being relegated i'm happier than i have been for God knows how long.

Is there any reason we will get an overdraft rather than the fat mess using a small part of his obscene wealth?

Why does a club with a billionaire owner need a 50m or so overdraft??. Thats like me having 3000 in the bank and needing an overdraft to buy a packet of fags

Mark Zuckerberg is worth $50bn... He took a $5m loan when he bought his new home  [emoji23]

It´s something people just do I guess.

Financially it's often easier to do, often it's a legalised way of avoiding tax. Apple are the richest company in the world, they have literally hundreds of billions in reserve (could extend our Metro to the West End), yet they often take out loans to cover operating expenses because they can use their reserves and transfer the money into America and use it to pay the loans off without occurring tax.

What in the living fuck are you talking about, Stifler?

[emoji38] Stifler fucking killing it these days

Is there any reason we will get an overdraft rather than the fat mess using a small part of his obscene wealth?

Why does a club with a billionaire owner need a 50m or so overdraft??. Thats like me having 3000 in the bank and needing an overdraft to buy a packet of fags

Mark Zuckerberg is worth $50bn... He took a $5m loan when he bought his new home  :laugh:

Financially it's often easier to do, often it's a legalised way of avoiding tax. Apple are the richest company in the world, they have literally hundreds of billions in reserve (could extend our Metro to the West End), yet they often take out loans to cover operating expenses because they can use their reserves and transfer the money into America and use it to pay the loans off without occurring tax.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/63456140/large.gif

New strip, proper press conference after the rugby weekend is all cleaned up and the feel good factor basically doing the selling of the season ticket, when the reality is we've just been relegated.

We should be in mourning but we're on the crest of the beginning of something that could be great. the rebirth of hope.

So that's how this football club ownership malarkey is supposed to be done.

Surely what you and many others on here see in Rafa Benitez is not only a manager but a new direction for the club?..

New strip, proper press conference after the rugby weekend is all cleaned up and the feel good factor basically doing the selling of the season ticket, when the reality is we've just been relegated.

We should be in mourning but we're on the crest of the beginning of something that could be great. the rebirth of hope.

Surely what you and many others on here see in Rafa Benitez is not only a manager but a new direction for the club?..

When it takes a relegation just to show a modicum of ambition, however good the news it doesn't signal a change or new direction until that momentum is evident. I know that's unexciting but whilst Rafa is definitely the right man and has always sought perfection as we've known all along, I'm not trusting the club to have done the same.

When it takes a relegation just to show a modicum of ambition, however good the news it doesn't signal a change or new direction until that momentum is evident. I know that's unexciting but whilst Rafa is definitely the right man and has always sought perfection as we've known all along, I'm not trusting the club to have done the same.

Well, they sought out Rafa in the first place.. Not a typical NUFC thing was it?

the balance of power is shifting, not a great amount but a monumental amount. This takes time and Rafa is just checking he's not being lied too...if so it'll cost Ashley millions and millions in payouts for him and his staff.

Hopefully Ashley has fell in love with the idea of Rafa and has thought fuck it, my way hasn't worked, time to try a different approach.

I find it hard to believe that nobody has actually convinced MA until now that a thriving, successful Newcastle United can earn him far more than the current state. Hopefully if Rafa is finally confirmed it does signal a new ethos at the club. None of us want to see millions spunked we just want some ambition which has been severely lacking during MA era.

I just hope this isn't a false dawn. Rafa seems a stand up guy with a strong mind. I am convinced if he stays that he has been assured things and he will make things iron tight in his contract. Give him control and let him steer us.

Come next week I'm going to be a quivering wreck and rocking myself to sleep chant "why Mike why!"

Well, they sought out Rafa in the first place.. Not a typical NUFC thing was it?

I read one article where they said that it was Rafa's people that contacted the club first - which wouldn't surprise me considering who we have appointed previously.

I aggree long term that we won't get anywhere till ashley is gone. Basically the issue is that after 3 utterly dreadful seasons finally ending in relegation Ashley has FINALLY realised his model of buying players in and managers is utter pap and probably reckons that to get premier league money he actually needs a good manager. I still largely think that the club will continue to not give much of a fuck for its fans until ashley is gone but may as well enjoy a brief time with an actually good manager.

Mark Zuckerberg is worth $50bn... He took a $5m loan when he bought his new home  :laugh:

What in the living fuck are you talking about, Stifler?

Stifler's not actually wrong tbf. 

I've been told categorically that Rafa sought them out, not the other way around.

I read one article where they said that it was Rafa's people that contacted the club first - which wouldn't surprise me considering who we have appointed previously.

This.