Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It'll get to a point where he will just say he wanted time with new singnings in pre-season and he didn't get it which eventually will make him walk

And Pardew still doesnt have a job ffs.

The bad thing about this is that we might lose Rafa, a top class manager who knows the club and what it should be. Another bad thing is that this club is an absolute mess and one that totally lacks ambition, and so so much more obvious shit. Having siad that, the only good thing about it is that I'm actually kind of happy that we have Rafa because he will not accept everything and just stay and be quiet, he will leave if he isn't backed, and if he does I'm fucking done. I'm glad that he won't accept this shit and it would be the final nail in the coffin for me. I think my life would be better without Newcastle United and the way the club has acted for God knows how long. It shouldn't be this way, i shouldn't think my life would be better off without the club that I've always loved.

Rafa is the last call, the last chance to make something good of this club again, but if the "club" can't change for the better despite having this great chance with a manager who understands what Newcastle United is all about, then it never will under this regime that runs the club. I don't want to break up with Newcastle, but my gut feeling is that it could happen. Dark times unless something drastically changes for the better.

I had this mid century bedside cabinet I bought for 20 quid. Teak, real nice. Whilst looking for another to complete my set I found one not 10mins away on gumtree selling for 75. I emailed the bloke and asked if he would lower the price as its way beyond what I paid for mine. No chance he said, price is firm.

So I reply to him and offer to sell him mine for 75 if he reckons that's what it's worth. At least one of us would have a set. Obviously he wasn't keen, too steep and tried to get me to lower the price. Not sure he got the irony.

Just who is running NUFC at the moment? Ashley denies he is always the last two know, Penfold is completely out of his depth and Rafa is looking increasingly side-lined. :-( Benitez will eventually walk and there will be yet another constructive dismissal case. Ashley is in real danger of losing all the goodwill he has clawed back, over the last year. Benitez won't stand for any shite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig hope seemed itk during the time Rafa was rumoured to be coming but that could of been just copying of others, does he have anything else like a transfer? Looks like selling Sissoko and Wijnaldum saved us last season

You don't need to be ITK to work out that if we don't sign Premier quality players, a manager of Benitez' pedigree will walk. He's not here to make a fool of himself.

There is no way he is walking away from £100k a week unless he gets a similar offer elsewhere.

Whilst I wouldn't trust Ashley as far as I could throw him, we have to remember its not 1997 or even 2007 anymore. It's 2017, we have had one top half PL finish and two relegations in the last ten years. The best, or even "better" players don't see us as a big draw anymore, at best a stepping stone. Are we going to have to go down the mackem route of having to pay stupid wages to attract players who simply won't give a fuck? Worked well for them didn't it?! Patience everyone......

There is no way he is walking away from £100k a week unless he gets a similar offer elsewhere.

Whilst I wouldn't trust Ashley as far as I could throw him, we have to remember its not 1997 or even 2007 anymore. It's 2017, we have had one top half PL finish and two relegations in the last ten years. The best, or even "better" players don't see us as a big draw anymore, at best a stepping stone. Are we going to have to go down the mackem route of having to pay stupid wages to attract players who simply won't give a fuck? Worked well for them didn't it?! Patience everyone......

I think you're slightly downplaying the attractiveness of NUFC under Rafa TBH. I'm sure we could attract Everton-level players at least if we were prepared to pay the money.

Guest neesy111

People should stop their monthly payments for their tickets and go to the training ground with the cash instead. Pop it in a Benitez transfer fund pot and skip the middle man.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Straw man argument. The reality is that the realistic targets that Rafa wanted and put in place have failed to come to fruition not because of us not being a big draw, but because of the club, yet again, trying to penny pinch its way to survival after 2 relegations in 10 years.

Here's an idea, if every player we go for fails because they have an "unrealistic valuation", maybe it's us that are being unrealistic?

http://i.imgur.com/a3MJJhO.png

:lol:

Absolutely. Rafa is all about character. It's easy to go out and buy mercenaries with a give no fuck attitude from a greasy agent at an inflated price leaving no budget to do owt else with. One thing he got right last season was the character he brought to the club, and which ones to keep. He's looking for that again but with additional talent, unfortunately clubs want to keep them and other clubs with more money or capital pull will stand in our way.

Though I do think he'll walk if the club doesn't deliver, I just don't think we're at that bridge yet.

FWIW I don't think it's really time to panic yet, it's just worrying because of our history and our owner.

It is, but the way some are going on you'd think the club fucked up signing messi for a fiver on purpose.

FWIW I don't think it's really time to panic yet, it's just worrying because of our history and our owner.

It's more worrying because we don't seem to have any decent targets. Even the £10m Championship players seem to be out of reach. I can only hope that our cards are being held incredibly close to our chest and we'll pull out mega deals no one was even aware might happen when push comes to shove.

Just who is running NUFC at the moment? Ashley denies he is always the last two know, Penfold is completely out of his depth and Rafa is looking increasingly side-lined. :-( Benitez will eventually walk and there will be yet another constructive dismissal case. Ashley is in real danger of losing all the goodwill he has clawed back, over the last year. Benitez won't stand for any shite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charnley has proved in the past he could make deals if the will was there. This is deliberate fucking up rather than incompetence.

That's alright then, we're managing to keep up with Brighton.

It's like the last 10 years never happened.  10 years of dicking around in the transfer market with no ambition other than to make a few quid and when we're seeing the same thing happening again, hearing the same rumours and reports and missing out on targets you can forgive people for getting a bit twitchy.

Its alright saying "well Stoke and West Ham haven't bought anyone yet" - that's not the issue, if Rafa hadn't wanted to buy anyone yet that'd be fine, the issue is we're missing out on realistic targets due to dithering about and being tight, two of them targets Rafa was posturing we were getting

Not having anyone in in itself isn't the major concern, it's more the fact Rafa wa certain we were getting players that we've missed out on

Mike Ashley comes out and says Rafa can have every last penny the club has to spend on players, knowing full well he has a fuckwit like Justin Barnes to put the blockers on it.

Smell exactly like the same shite as when LameArse was in charge.