Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rafa Benitez's frustration: Newcastle can turn the momentum quickly, it's not 2008 all over again

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitezs-frustration-newcastle-can-13314365#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

First time I've seen these Ritchie's quotes - dear me;

The spotlight is back on Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director, but persuading him to spend is nothing new for Benitez. Remember it was only 12 months ago that the manager had to implore the MD to go to the price Bournemouth had asked for Matt Ritchie.

Remember this quote from April? Increasingly it feels like a bit of a shot across the bows: “We had to sell really well to have some money for buying new players but we still had to pay some (big) money for players.

“In some cases the value could be less but we still had to pay this money because we needed to sign the player. With Ritchie Lee Charnley was phoning me to say the ‘price is that’ and we were not expecting that.

“I was saying, ‘please’, he is an important player, he has experience, we have to do it we cannot be worrying about a couple of million when we are in this position where we have to get out of this division.”

Wow. Fuckin' hell. These fucking two-bit, know-nothing cunts have a man of Rafa's pedigree begging them to sign someone from Bournemouth.

They are making shit up man. Rafa literally said yesterday that they are still confident.

:lol:

I understand you wanting to be optimistic but come on, this is just being wilfully dumb.

Following me around again, Jermaine?

No idea what this is a reference to.

Rafa Benitez's frustration: Newcastle can turn the momentum quickly, it's not 2008 all over again

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitezs-frustration-newcastle-can-13314365#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

First time I've seen these Ritchie quotes - dear me;

The spotlight is back on Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director, but persuading him to spend is nothing new for Benitez. Remember it was only 12 months ago that the manager had to implore the MD to go to the price Bournemouth had asked for Matt Ritchie.

Remember this quote from April? Increasingly it feels like a bit of a shot across the bows: “We had to sell really well to have some money for buying new players but we still had to pay some (big) money for players.

“In some cases the value could be less but we still had to pay this money because we needed to sign the player. With Ritchie Lee Charnley was phoning me to say the ‘price is that’ and we were not expecting that.

“I was saying, ‘please’, he is an important player, he has experience, we have to do it we cannot be worrying about a couple of million when we are in this position where we have to get out of this division.”

And people still insist there's nothing to worry about. :lol:

Begging them to add a couple of million for a player that was willing to drop down to a division he excelled in and help get us back up?! Man the jokers that run this club are an absolute shambles.

Guest Howaythetoon

The problem with our club beyond Rafa and his staff is that there is no ambition to achieve anything other than to stay in the league. Charnley is just happy to have a job, he would never try and push the limits or be ambitious in going to Ashley and saying lets fucking do this or spend this for example. Rafa is too good for this shit man, having to put up with complete imbeciles.

Guest Howaythetoon

Lack of ambition is made even more worse by the fact they also have zero fucking clue about football. Recipe for... relegation!

Guest Howaythetoon

He'd be working the til at Maccy D's if it wasn't for Ashley. No offence anyone that works there!

True Faith's new pod is with Sid Lowe (Spanish journo) on Rafa. Should be a good listen :thup:

I'll be interested to hear what he says as he does tend to like to stick the knife in about Rafa about his time at Real, especially when comparing him to Zidane.

I have it on good authority that three different players were set to sign end of June (Abraham was one of them) but Charnley got clever and moved the goalposts. Basically penny pinching and wouldn't cough up. All three fucked off and Rafa close to walking.

Sounds like same old shit to me, just different year

Begging them to add a couple of million for a player that was willing to drop down to a division he excelled in and help get us back up?! Man the jokers that run this club are an absolute shambles.

If the reports are anything to go by, hasn't he done something similar this week with the instruction to Charnley to up our offer for Jacobs? It's fucking pathetic like, the manager having to tell Charnley how to do his job.

If the reports are anything to go by, hasn't he done something similar this week with the instruction to Charnley to up our offer for Jacobs? It's fucking pathetic like, the manager having to tell Charnley how to do his job.

Or it's Rafas budget and he decides on how the money is spent and it's only down to charnley to make the deal happen. No amount of sweet talking or begging is going to work if we're a few million short. Rafa could have said ok, you've tried st that price, now go try with s bit more, we need this to happen as other deals aren't.

what do people want now? Do they want Rafa to control the transfers or let the club decide on how budget is spent?

I have it on good authority that three different players were set to sign end of June (Abraham was one of them) but Charnley got clever and moved the goalposts. Basically penny pinching and wouldn't cough up. All three f***ed off and Rafa close to walking.

Sounds like same old s*** to me, just different year

That is at least three separate ITK posters we have. When things aren't going our way, our very own 'N-O knowers' all tend to share anecdotes which reinforce an all roads lead to the evil DangerMike and Penfold: "mwah-ha-ha." So guess it must be true then.

How hard is it to make a bid nowadays like? or are the financial 'experts' just mentally challenged?

You bid. It gets turned down so you bid again.  Takes 5 minutes on footy manager.      Knowing our set up, the internet will be provided by FreeServe and be 48k dial up with no coverage when people ring the box office, clogging up the line.

Or it's Rafas budget and he decides on how the money is spent and it's only down to charnley to make the deal happen. No amount of sweet talking or begging is going to work if we're a few million short. Rafa could have said ok, you've tried st that price, now go try with s bit more, we need this to happen as other deals aren't.

what do people want now? Do they want Rafa to control the transfers or let the club decide on how budget is spent?

:lol:

“I’ve confirmed to Rafa and Lee that they can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means in order to build for next season.”

Promotion: £7.1m

Player sales: £9.5m

Total: £16.6m

Player purchases: £14.9m

Sounded good at the time, but does 'other means' include the TV deal money? Or just season ticket and shirt sales?

The word generates, seems to suggest we need to have pocketed the cash to spend it. Think the chron said recently that the tv money is paid monthly, so that might suggest the delays between transfers?

We might see some action early next week once the next round of season ticket direct debits go out ?