Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

They are making s*** up man. Rafa literally said yesterday that they are still confident.

What else is he going to say?

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

The lack of signings here so far is really quite atrocious.

Um diddle, diddle diddle, um diddle ay

Um diddle, diddle diddle, um diddle whey aye!

A couple of years ago:

Football: 15m-20m for the average player

Us: 7-8m for the average player

Now:

Football: 30m-50m for the average player

Us: 7-8m limit and not signing anyone

Future:

Football: 60m-100m for the average player

Us: One hella dusty fax machine

The joys of a cheap skate thrifty cunt owner.

Guest neesy111

We will still be using a fax machine in the future, wasting paper and ink ?

Surely Ashley would be the first to leap at going paperless ?  :lol:

The guy doesn't even do emails. :lol:

We will still be using a fax machine in the future, wasting paper and ink ?

Surely Ashley would be the first to leap at going paperless ?  :lol:

Ashley will pluck a teenager studying IT, from one of his sweatshops in SE Asia, and pay them peanuts to design an app.

Clubs pay a monthly subscription and receive an alert when we lodge a derisory bid for any of their players, and reject a bid accordingly. 5% of the income generated by the app is directed to NUFC's coffers, the rest is funneled into the pockets of Sports Direct.

From that Mark Douglas interview with NUFC360:

HOW MUCH WOULD IT TAKE FOR RAFA TO UP AND LEAVE NUFC? WHAT’S THE CURRENT STATE OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RAFA AND DIRECTOR/OWNER?

The final chapter of the book makes it pretty clear that Rafa wants to stay. He’s interested in making Newcastle successful and he feels a duty to the people he’s met who care deeply about United. But he knows that those people respect him because he has the best interests of the club at heart. For Newcastle to succeed under him they have to be challenged and pushed. I think that’s what he’s doing at the moment. There’s no doubt that he’s feeling a bit frustrated at the lack of progress in the transfer market so far.

I think leaving Newcastle would be a nuclear option for him and he’s not ready to press that button just yet. But if they try to mug him off – and by that I mean break the promises made in May – he may very well walk away.

Things are a bit tense at the moment. It’s a bit of a ‘wait and see’ situation – which is a shame because a few weeks ago it all felt resolved. Remember Rafa signed off his statement in May that fans should ‘Enjoy their summer’ – something has changed since then. I still think it’ll be resolved but it feels a bit more fragile than it just.

Luke Edwards and Craig Hope seem to actually enjoy spreading negative stories about the club.

Don't forget the Grim Ryder, who loves to put his doom and gloom on anything positive.

The Grim Ryder.  :lol:

From that Mark Douglas interview with NUFC360:

HOW MUCH WOULD IT TAKE FOR RAFA TO UP AND LEAVE NUFC? WHAT’S THE CURRENT STATE OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RAFA AND DIRECTOR/OWNER?

The final chapter of the book makes it pretty clear that Rafa wants to stay. He’s interested in making Newcastle successful and he feels a duty to the people he’s met who care deeply about United. But he knows that those people respect him because he has the best interests of the club at heart. For Newcastle to succeed under him they have to be challenged and pushed. I think that’s what he’s doing at the moment. There’s no doubt that he’s feeling a bit frustrated at the lack of progress in the transfer market so far.

I think leaving Newcastle would be a nuclear option for him and he’s not ready to press that button just yet. But if they try to mug him off – and by that I mean break the promises made in May – he may very well walk away.

Things are a bit tense at the moment. It’s a bit of a ‘wait and see’ situation – which is a shame because a few weeks ago it all felt resolved. Remember Rafa signed off his statement in May that fans should ‘Enjoy their summer’ – something has changed since then. I still think it’ll be resolved but it feels a bit more fragile than it just.

The Ashley way.

They are making shit up man. Rafa literally said yesterday that they are still confident.

:lol:

I understand you wanting to be optimistic but come on, this is just being wilfully dumb.

Following me around again, Jermaine?

Rafa's comments are helpful. He sounds almost sympathetic with the club for struggling to get the deals due to the crazy market. Regardless of the history of the club, it's never been as crazy transfer price wise and I can understand how a transfer budget of £70m suddenly feels like it can barely get you 3 average players in the Premier League. I think the club has to swallow the financial disappointment and get the right players in, even if it means limited spend for next summer. We can't go in to this season without several quality additions and expect to survive. Rafa is great but he's not a miracle worker.

I still think on top of the above the club is under performing in getting players in, but I guess Rafa isn't fully blaming them which helps us in our chances of keeping him here for now.

Prices are only crazy because clubs get much more money now. Percentage wise, there's nothing crazy about the prices at all. We have just refused to move with the times.

Guest chopey

I still can't get how people dont think prices are not crazy!!! how can paying £30 million (£30,000,000) for a keeper with one years premier league experience under his belt not be seen as obscene, you could buy whole football teams with that sort of cash, if Sky go tits up any time soon English football will crash and burn.

Rafa's comments are helpful. He sounds almost sympathetic with the club for struggling to get the deals due to the crazy market. Regardless of the history of the club, it's never been as crazy transfer price wise and I can understand how a transfer budget of £70m suddenly feels like it can barely get you 3 average players in the Premier League. I think the club has to swallow the financial disappointment and get the right players in, even if it means limited spend for next summer. We can't go in to this season without several quality additions and expect to survive. Rafa is great but he's not a miracle worker.

I still think on top of the above the club is under performing in getting players in, but I guess Rafa isn't fully blaming them which helps us in our chances of keeping him here for now.

Prices are only crazy because clubs get much more money now. Percentage wise, there's nothing crazy about the prices at all. We have just refused to move with the times.

I said this in the transfer rumours thread. We come up with the same shit every year about 'crazy transfer fees'. It's called paying the going rate in everyone else's dictionary.

I still can't get how people dont think prices are not crazy!!! how can paying £30 million (£30,000,000) for a keeper with one years premier league experience under his belt not be seen as obscene, you could buy whole football teams with that sort of cash, if Sky go tits up any time soon English football will crash and burn.

fml

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, but to quote Melvin Udall, we're drowning and you're describing the water. Of course the prices are obscene, but they always have been, it's just that they've accelerated very quickly again because of the TV money, you really need to just accept it and realise it's not going to change until Sky's bubble bursts, which imo isn't going to be that far away. The club need to accept it too, and very quickly.

Missing out on the TV money glut last season probably hasn't helped mind.

Basic inflation - when the populace has more money, shit costs more.

I agree with you though, it's bewildering.

Yeah I totally get why, but I can understand why it's making it tough for a newly promoted club to want to buy several quality players and be in for a shock at the probable 150m price you would have to pay to get there. I wonder if wages is going up as drastically.

Rafa Benitez's frustration: Newcastle can turn the momentum quickly, it's not 2008 all over again

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitezs-frustration-newcastle-can-13314365#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

First time I've seen these Ritchie quotes - dear me;

The spotlight is back on Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director, but persuading him to spend is nothing new for Benitez. Remember it was only 12 months ago that the manager had to implore the MD to go to the price Bournemouth had asked for Matt Ritchie.

Remember this quote from April? Increasingly it feels like a bit of a shot across the bows: “We had to sell really well to have some money for buying new players but we still had to pay some (big) money for players.

“In some cases the value could be less but we still had to pay this money because we needed to sign the player. With Ritchie Lee Charnley was phoning me to say the ‘price is that’ and we were not expecting that.

“I was saying, ‘please’, he is an important player, he has experience, we have to do it we cannot be worrying about a couple of million when we are in this position where we have to get out of this division.”