Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

That's alright then, we're managing to keep up with Brighton.

It's like the last 10 years never happened.  10 years of dicking around in the transfer market with no ambition other than to make a few quid and when we're seeing the same thing happening again, hearing the same rumours and reports and missing out on targets you can forgive people for getting a bit twitchy.

Precisely. That said, if things were so bad Rafa wouldn't be here. It's not like he didn't get a glimpse into what they're like in January and this is all coming as some sort of surprise to him. He stayed on with assurances, unless/until he walks we can only assume things are still acceptable behind the scenes.

That's alright then, we're managing to keep up with Brighton.

It's like the last 10 years never happened.  10 years of dicking around in the transfer market with no ambition other than to make a few quid and when we're seeing the same thing happening again, hearing the same rumours and reports and missing out on targets you can forgive people for getting a bit twitchy.

Precisely. That said, if things were so bad Rafa wouldn't be here. It's not like he didn't get a glimpse into what they're like in January and this is all coming as some sort of surprise to him. He stayed on with assurances, unless/until he walks we can only assume things are still acceptable behind the scenes.

Between the highs and lows of the news, this is where my head is too.

Ryder says Rafa was in good spirits today and the club are still working behind the scenes.

Panic over, again.

Look at me, look at me I'm Vanilla Ice!

Nah but seriously, I'm sure we're considering a lot of players.

From Lee Ryder in the Chronicle Live Blog:

Spent a little bit of time with Rafa Benitez at the Academy today. While the club have been frustrated with the lack of done deals Rafa seemed in good spirits. Seems very determined to get players in and said the club were working hard to make that happen. The summer window is certainly testing Newcastle right now but seems to be a belief they will get what they need this summer. Newcastle still have deals on the table for players so it’s very much a case of watch this space.

Ryder says Rafa was in good spirits today and the club are still working behind the scenes.

Panic over, again.

Look at me, look at me I'm Vanilla Ice!

:aww:

Guest neesy111

There's alot allot of scaremongering going on from the press, of course one of these times they may be right, but for now everything's ok.

Just like in January.....

Some of the noises coming out of the club at the moment do seem very reminiscent of when Keegan went it has to be said.

Yep. That awful summer when we all thought Louise Taylor was wrong.

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW I don't think it's really time to panic yet, it's just worrying because of our history and our owner.

It is, but the way some are going on you'd think the club fucked up signing messi for a fiver on purpose.

Yeah, they're not though, you've just made that up. [emoji38]

Trying to read between the lines, I reckon this particular part of the window Rafa expected, it's the beginning he'll still rightly be pissed at. That's where the club have missed a trick.

I think his realistic (not ideal) plan was to have 3 players in for the spine of the team in time for preseason. Following that, because of the nature of our budget, the next, less important signings (in relation to his tactics) would eke through during the rest of the summer, especially with outgoings filtering out.

Probably being naive but I imagine the club's strategy will change in the next few weeks, should there be no further movement. It seems, atm, they're trying to find value deals to maximize budget across the squad. If Rafa's involved as I think he is, there'll be a process in place to ramp up, if necessary.  :undecided: