Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

There's not that much wrong TBF we've made three good signings and I'm confident we'll make more, some of the dead wood needs to go but that will happen during the last week of the window when clubs are desperate. I would have prefered us to have our best first team with new players by the Spurs game but like a lot of other teams this wont happen till September.

We've signed 2 players with virtually no experience of top level football and another who did OK in Spain. Stop exaggerating. The summer's been an abject failure so far.

If you are judging what has been accomplished on July 25th with the criteria of what you expect from the window in its entirety, then of course it is a failure. The squad clearly needs to strengthen in a variety of areas, but there will also clearly be more signings. Only the most ardent of pessimists can really believe we are fully done. In my view, we've made two good deals and one mediocre one thus far, and need three to four more to be satisfactory.

My real disappointment, is that it seems the club seemingly need to sell in order to buy, a financial reality that is worrying when competing in the richest league in the history of world football.

Guest neesy111

There's not that much wrong TBF we've made three good signings and I'm confident we'll make more, some of the dead wood needs to go but that will happen during the last week of the window when clubs are desperate. I would have prefered us to have our best first team with new players by the Spurs game but like a lot of other teams this wont happen till September.

We've signed 2 players with virtually no experience of top level football and another who did OK in Spain. Stop exaggerating. The summer's been an abject failure so far.

If you are judging what has been accomplished on July 25th with the criteria of what you expect from the window in its entirety, then of course it is a failure. The squad clearly needs to strengthen in a variety of areas, but there will also clearly be more signings. Only the most ardent of pessimists can really believe we are fully done. In my view, we've made two good deals and one mediocre one thus far, and need three to four more to be satisfactory.

My real disappointment, is that it seems the club seemingly need to sell in order to buy, a financial reality that is worrying when competing in the richest league in the history of world football.

We also have a very large squad currently, many of which were deemed surplus to requirements last season.

The issue for me, so many players have question marks over them.  We didn't exactly have a glut of players ending last season in form, only Atsu, Ritchie & Clarke really ended in form imo and because of that I'm worried that many will be overawed by the league.

We also have a very large squad currently, many of which were deemed surplus to requirements last season.

The issue for me, so many players have question marks over them.  We didn't exactly have a glut of players ending last season in form, only Atsu, Ritchie & Clarke really ended in form imo and because of that I'm worried that many will be overawed by the league.

I would totally agree there had Alan Pardew been our manager and not Rafa Benitez. He's the only saving grace about the club at the moment.

Season starts in two and a half weeks though, the fact that we've failed to get anywhere close to what we need at this point is a massive failure. There'll not be anywhere close to time enough for anyone we might sign to integrate fully with the squad before the season starts. This is made even worse when you consider that we've actually got a manager that wants to make sure his team plays exactly the way he wants them to.

Edit: this is made even worse by the fact that our season finished fucking ages ago.

The problem is that we or the media started throwing figures about. 70 million, 100 million etc.. Rafa never said he had this much, the club certainly didn't either.

We're not broke, but not spending what we don't have yet.

Rafa will get the club to spend big when there's no risk of a bidding war happening. When all the other clubs have spunked their budget on ponies we should be able to find some value.

The problem is that we or the media started throwing figures about. 70 million, 100 million etc.. Rafa never said he had this much, the club certainly didn't either.

Rafa will get the club to spend big when there's no risk of a bidding war happening. When all the other clubs have spunked their budget on ponies we should be able to find some value.

Don't even know where to start with this :lol:

giphy.gif

Juxtaposition of those two sentences is interesting.

Was literally thinking that  :lol: :lol:

You might want to start literally thinking about how poor we often looked in the second half of last season, then. While you're at it start thinking about the pace and quality disparity of the two leagues. At this point I'd expect us to have something like the foundations of a PL side to put out. We absolute cannot find a PL Xl from the mess of a squad we have right now. Not even close.

Well isn't that the point? One of the major worries is that while we are waiting to sell players we could see our primary targets move elsewhere to clubs who don't have that problem.

I don't think it's sell to buy in the traditional sense though. The squad is far too big, Rafa's acknowledged as much.

Struggling to think of a single player we have signed during The Age of Ashley, on the back competing with clubs for their signature ie. winning a so called bidding war. If anything the club's habit has been to wet the beaks of agents in order get a clear run at players with contract clauses and/or their contracts running down.

Don't sell this narrative that Rafa has installed a genius masterplan, or the patient waiting game you have outlined, because Sports Direct United has operated like this for as long as I can remember.

You're suger coating a turd, the regime.

Guest chopey

You might want to start literally thinking about how poor we often looked in the second half of last season, then. While you're at it start thinking about the pace and quality disparity of the two leagues. At this point I'd expect us to have something like the foundations of a PL side to put out. We absolute cannot find a PL Xl from the mess of a squad we have right now. Not even close.

Getting better sad sack

Love this bloke like.

Rafa  :rose:

He just lives and breathes the game and is desperate for success at our club.  Always demanding improvement and wants NUFC back in the upper echelons of English game

Guest Howaythetoon

At current, I'd say he would keep us up at a stretch. Give him what he wants and needs and the sky is the limit. That's what pisses me off so much about the owner and his cretins he has in key positions because they don't seem to understand just how much of a golden opportunity they have in Rafa.

Getting better sad sack

Says who?