Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

Anita such a nothing player in that first half :lol: Might as well not have been out there.  Get Saivet on

Not much between him or Shelvey IMO. As in, neither were particularly good.

I think we've done ok. Colback toilet as usual. We know that our squad is poor and fingers should definitely be pointed at Carr and Charnley for allowing this to happen.

Pretty much this. We are playing the best team in the league, considering the shite we have out on the field I think we're doing great. Having said that, 6-1 man city sits deep in my memory. We have capitulated so often in the 2nd half of games, would love to see us come out and just... not collapse.

They have a few exceptional players, Kante is the find of the season, even over Mahrez.

We're still in this, I wouldn't say unlucky to be losing.. fucking Colback weak as fuck for that header. Apart from that it's been even enough.

Rafa will drive this point home, I think Sissoko will be taken off as he's added nothing really, at least Gini is capable of picking out a pass.

Don't get the slating of Anita.

Our midfield has not been over run at all, and it has been doing to really good positional play from both himself and Shelvey who is doing a really good job too.

Neither Kante or Drinkwater have been much evident either. That area is under control.

That's partly due to how Leicester play though. The test is what happens when they counter - for example, when Albrighton gets the free run at Taylor.

I've only watched you a couple of times properly - recently - but thoughts are: Mitro has some conditioning issues :lol:. Perez has been decent, but lightweight. Defence has been OK considering who's missing. You really see the difference when contrasting Anita with Kante - like boy v man. You've done the basics fine, but there doesn't seem to be a defined plan going forward - which is not really a surprise.

I'd like to see Sissoko used a bit like Alli, given more free reign to cause havoc behind Mitro. I think he's limited by a role out wide. He'd be a more physical presence than Perez, and maybe Townsend can get some joy out wide. The problem is that if you have Sissoko, Gini/Perez and Townsend switching round behind Mitro then there's a danger the full-backs will get really exposed. It's up to Anita to cover that.

Anita such a nothing player in that first half :lol: Might as well not have been out there.  Get Saivet on

At least with Shelvey we know that he can play a key pass that leads to a goal or even score one himself. We won't get that from Anita.

We're still rather shit, but atleast were compact and normal shit, and everything is working in the same direction as apposed to the runny loose unorganised shit we've been served up recently.

Anita such a nothing player in that first half[emoji38]Might as well not have been out there.  Get Saivet on

I think Shelvey is meant to be dropping deep and Anita linking the lines but Leicester's work rate is relentless.

Wouldn't mind seeing Doumbia on at some point. Their centre backs can be exposed with a ball over the top and into the channels, need to use that pace.

I would get Doumbai on fairly soon and tell him to run at them through the centre because Huth looks fairly slow.

We've been a bit unlucky not to score. Wijnaldum looks much better down the middle.

The same flaws are there but at least we don't look quite so scared.

It's interesting watching Leicester. They're deadly in the final third, but no better than average in other respects. But this may just be a year when the big clubs haven't hit form and that's going to be enough.

Fingers crossed - we can still get something from this.

Anita such a nothing player in that first half [emoji38] Might as well not have been out there.  Get Saivet on

Aye disappointing that with Shelvey's passing being so good that he only really shows it once or twice a game. Obviously a problem with the movement as well and not just him tbf though

Think Mitrovic has done well so far, by the by. Never have that much confidence in him but those occasions when he brings the ball down it looks extremely natural. If there's a single player we need to raise his all-round game exponentially, it's him imo. The defense will just have to sort itself out as a collective.

They have a few exceptional players, Kante is the find of the season, even over Mahrez.

We're still in this, I wouldn't say unlucky to be losing.. fucking Colback weak as fuck for that header. Apart from that it's been even enough.

Rafa will drive this point home, I think Sissoko will be taken off as he's added nothing really, at least Gini is capable of picking out a pass.

Gini is a terrible passer, or moreso never tries to do a creative pass

Guest firetotheworks

Anita such a nothing player in that first half[emoji38]Might as well not have been out there.  Get Saivet on

I'm normally one for sticking up for Anita but I thought he was our worst player in that half for giving it away.

Think Mitrovic has done well so far, by the by. Never have that much confidence in him but those occasions when he brings the ball down it looks extremely natural. If there's a single player we need to raise his all-round game exponentially, it's him imo. The defense will just have to sort itself out as a collective.

He's been fantastic, held it up well and showed great control.

He's played the hold up man role quite well today, for sure. Unlucky that Sissoko pulled him down or else he'd likely have a goal today as well.