Newcastle United 1-1 Sunderland - 20/03/16 - Post match discussion from p.47

BlufPurdi

Not good enough. Only two positives: stopped them winning, stopped the losing sequence.

Give over, there was only 1 team in it in the 2nd half, more than deserved a point and deserved the win.

We were lucky to only be one down st half time though.

Guest firetotheworks

Not good enough. Only two positives: stopped them winning, stopped the losing sequence.

Give over, there was only 1 team in it in the 2nd half, more than deserved a point and deserved the win.

[emoji38]You missed the bits where Elliott had to pull off class saves then.

De Jong has technical ability and Perez does also and they worked really well together. Play stopped breaking down with Sissoko out of the way.

Sissoko is a massive problem going forward.

Guest DonaldGrump

Draw just about deserved, keeps Sunderland well and truly in the brown stuff, but am afraid a win was needed today nothing less would do. We now have to win at Norwich, without players capable of scoring goals that is unlikely to happen.

As exciting as Rafa being appointed may have been it was always likely to be a brief stay as good a manager as he is....turd polishing isnt really possible.

[emoji38]You missed the bits where Elliott had to pull off class saves then.

What ones where this mind? Other than the snapshot from Van Anholt i can't think of any, a draw is probably a fair result and if anything we edged it.

Not enough though IMO as we needed to win but i'm really not seeing what you saw.

Looked a bit more fluid with De Jong on, hopefully see more of him.

And less of shelvey

Shelvey was one of the few that was busting a gut to get all over the pitch. I can't get my head around how anyone can watch that and wants to see less of him.