Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Elliot

Janmaat      Mbemba    Lascelles        Anita

Sissoko          Shelvey

Wijnaldum                SDJ                  Townsend

Mitrovic

That's what I'd like to see. Haidara/Dummett in for Anita if fit.

Think we might see the same front six as yesterday though, maybe SDJ gets a start. Afraid he'll persist with the same wingers on the wrong side craic though, unfortunately.

Was thinking about this earlier today, our team is horrendous. :lol:

We've basically been playing four or five attacking-minded midfielders (attacking in theory, anyway) and yielded previous few goals to show for it. I think we should stick a Tiote or a Saviet (leave it to Rafa's judgement to decide who the main man should be) back in the mix to at least give us better balance in the side, because there is definitely no correlation between the number of attack-minded midfielders we field and our attacking potency. :lol: On that basis I'd go with the following as the front 6:

Sissoko  Tiote  Shelvey  Perez

Wijnaldum  Mitrovic

A must win, I know that's been said a few times BUT fail to win this and it confirms relegation for me as we will be 3-6 points (effectively 4-7 with our GD) from safety

Win this and it gives us much needed confidence and the teams around us can brick it further

We're screwed if we don't win this.  I think we saw against the mackems that a midfield pairing of Gini and Shelvey isn't going to work with Mitro and Perez up top.  If we're going with those two in midfield then we need SDJ off Mitro to drop into the space in front of them and help out as needed.  I liked him in the role he had on Sunday just floating around helping out where needed and giving an option.

Ideally i'd also play Sissoko and Townsend on their correct sides so we have a bit of width and aren't cutting in all the time.  If we're sticking with the 4-4-2 i'd go:

Blob

Janmaat            Mbemba    Lascelles        Anita (assuming no LBs are fit in time)

Sissoko              Shelvey        Saivet / Gini      Townsend

SDJ

Mitro

Reckon 1-1.  Enough for a sliver of hope but not enough to keep us up in the end.

We're screwed if we don't win this.  I think we saw against the mackems that a midfield pairing of Gini and Shelvey isn't going to work with Mitro and Perez up top.  If we're going with those two in midfield then we need SDJ off Mitro to drop into the space in front of them and help out as needed.  I liked him in the role he had on Sunday just floating around helping out where needed and giving an option.

Ideally i'd also play Sissoko and Townsend on their correct sides so we have a bit of width and aren't cutting in all the time.  If we're sticking with the 4-4-2 i'd go:

Blob

Janmaat            Mbemba    Lascelles        Anita (assuming no LBs are fit in time)

Sissoko              Shelvey        Saivet / Gini      Townsend

SDJ

Mitro

Reckon 1-1.  Enough for a sliver of hope but not enough to keep us up in the end.

This is a very likely scenario although I reckon we could lose ; Norwich are showing great fight and will be well up for it whereas many of our players have hearts like chickens. Certainly down if we DO lose and even a draw may mean we fall short.

I would love:

Blob

Janmaat            Mbemba    Lascelles        Anita / Mbabu

Saivet

Shelvey            Gini     

Townsend                                                      Sissoko

Mitro

Then Perez/SDJ off the bench

Gini/Shelvey need to express themselves and get forward/in the box, but need DM cover.

I'd be looking at fielding this if it's available.

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/03/1424403_Newcastle_United.jpg

Or this and drop Sissoko

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/03/1424405_Newcastle_United.jpg

I'd be looking at fielding this if it's available.

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/03/1424403_Newcastle_United.jpg

Or this and drop Sissoko

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/03/1424405_Newcastle_United.jpg

Well thank fuck you're not the manager.