Norwich City 3-2 Newcastle United - post match depression from page 42

Disco

i simply just do not understand the lack of motivation in so many of our 'players'.  they don't care/won't play for their new mgr, their team mates, the club's fans, or personal pride to avoid going down. they don't even seem to be motivated to advance their careers if they want a move away!

Looking at the likes of Tiote and Sissoko this season I have wondered at times. They both wanted moves last summer after we just stayed up and both didn't get to leave. If we go down, they'll be off for sure to trim the wage bill. Not saying they've been throwing games, but I don't put it past either of them, or any teammate who fancies a move, to think "fuck it, its better for me if the team goes down anyway" and just carry on not giving a shit or putting effort in.

Tiote hasn't played that much this season and has generally been an improvement in midfield when he has apart from today. Sissoko has created most of our chances in our team and has put in a decent shift at left back, a position that would be easy to "throw" a game. Neither player has done anything that has directly led to a goal for the other team either IIRC

i simply just do not understand the lack of motivation in so many of our 'players'.  they don't care/won't play for their new mgr, their team mates, the club's fans, or personal pride to avoid going down. they don't even seem to be motivated to advance their careers if they want a move away!

It comes from the top

seems like it's more than that-- like there's a cancer in the dressing room, or something.  somehow there's a pervasive apathy amongst ours that even Rafa (may his tribe prosper) can't penetrate.

Sissoko has started practically every game in one of the forward positions and has zero goals right? And a couple of assists? Massively culpable for our hopelessness going forward.

Guest firetotheworks

How's this on everyone's scale of horrible results?

Probably up there with the Stoke/Wigan 08/09 draws for me.

The Reading home game and Wigan hammering us were two particularly bad ones under Pardew

I guess it's this season's equivalent of the Villa game in 2009, but they just don't hurt me as much any more.

Nothing this season has felt as bad as those 4-1s against Sporting and Man Utd.

It comes from the top

seems like it's more than that-- like there's a cancer in the dressing room, or something.  somehow there's a pervasive apathy amongst ours that even Rafa (may his tribe prosper) can't penetrate.

It'll take more than Rafa turning up. There's a deeply entrenched apathy that filters down from boardroom to the fans and pervades the entire setup. Same reason the atmosphere has been dead, the reason no one enjoys working for sports direct. The rotten institutional degradation has been the cancer for a decade to the point where even strong individuals will struggle or reject it.

Anyone know who the coke-headed morons who were in our end, who decided to play keep ball, for their first goal?

So fucking cringe.

After seeing that I was 99.99% convinced it was going in.

Shit gutless fuckers, Mitrovic aside. Clear em out and let Rafa build from scratch.

He wont be staying. :lol:

Well we did think about him coming in the first place, let me dream please  :laugh:

Don't torture yourself man. Go back to dreaming of big asses suffocating you. :lol:

Stop...

What is most annoying about this season is that we've produced so little going forward. We all knew that we were carrying a weak and gutless defence, but there should be enough in that side going forward to create far more than we have been doing. Gini, Sissoko, Mitrovic, Townsend, Cisse and Shelvey...these are all supposedly highly rated internationals yet they could barely string two passes together before giving the ball up to a bunch of championship cloggers.

So bizarre, I was at a non-league match this afternoon and popped into a pub to catch the last few minutes of our match, walked in just as they scored the winner and felt absolutely nothing. In fact, I laughed a bit. :blush: I hate that this is what it's come to but honestly, so little emotion about our impending relegation.

Guest neesy111

We need to stop viewing Sissoko as a forward thinking player. He just isn't.

Correct, he has no brain for starters.

There's lots of others with no brains in our team.

We need to stop viewing Sissoko as a forward thinking player. He just isn't.

Correct, he has no brain for starters.

Townsend made him look like fucking Einstein today.

So bizarre, I was at a non-league match this afternoon and popped into a pub to catch the last few minutes of our match, walked in just as they scored the winner and felt absolutely nothing. In fact, I laughed a bit. :blush: I hate that this is what it's come to but honestly, so little emotion about our impending relegation.

Rafa sucked me back in, I was happy in my little detached world until he turned up, I was at work so keeping an eye on the score on the BBC website, I was pretty cut up when the third went in but now I'm coming back down to earth. I still want us to stay in the league for Rafa but I just can't see it now, today was such a huge game and we blew it, big style.

At 2-1 down I had decided that if we lost I wasn't going to bother putting myself through watching any more games this season, then when we equalised I realised I was actually just a little bit disappointed. Says it all really.