Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - Post-match relegation from p.34

Kaizero

Watching Rafa those last 5m it seemed to me he's getting exactly what he's asked for. Doesn't look at all flustered or irate.

So, very different second half coming up?

We've been compact and not done much in all of the first halves under him so as far as I remember. Particularly away from home, that's his plan.

But what does that achieve when we could be pushing for the goals we need? I don't understand how the caution benefits us.

Benefits us quite a lot when we have quite a mentally fragile squad. Take a clean sheet into the break and build from there.

We need to reinforce Villa's mental frailty by taking the initiative imo. If you concede the initiative to them then you give them a chance to get their belief back. Really hope Rafa gets them to push for the goals in the second half.

Watching Rafa those last 5m it seemed to me he's getting exactly what he's asked for. Doesn't look at all flustered or irate.

We've been compact and not done much in all of the first halves under him so as far as I remember. Particularly away from home, that's his plan.

But what does that achieve when we could be pushing for the goals we need? I don't understand how the caution benefits us.

Benefits us quite a lot when we have quite a mentally fragile squad. Take a clean sheet into the break and build from there.

I get that, but Villa are even more fragile than we are.

We somehow get a goal and the win in the 2nd half, Chelsea hang on and I think we are gonna do it, will moive to a 3 on the meter for me :) But needs to be a whole lot better in the 2nd half.

We've outworked most other teams recently.. especially in 2nd half. Rafa will have sussed where the holes are and will send us out accordingly.

Mackems took a big blow just before half time, we'll see how much the pressure is getting to them now.

We do need to win this though. Biggest 45 mins in years.

he plays for a nice containing ,not losing, first half- we were dead in games when he first arrived- hes pretty much said it in interviews. we will win this.

I hope.