Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - Post-match relegation from p.34

Kaizero

WTF is going on.

Same thing that was going on last weekend in the first half. We're shit and playing like it.

Once again relying on a bit of magic from somewhere to beat a terrible side.

Guest firetotheworks

Everybody else doing their job but us.

They're all thinking the same too, 08/09 was like that with us. It was like Hull were determined to bale us out.

Hate to say it but this is a Pardew performance. Villa couldn't be more down on their luck, and our stand-off tactics have empowered them. They had no foothold in this game until we carved one out of our arse for them to stick their foot in.

Our team has neither a striker who can hold the ball up nor a midfielder with the touch or vision to find space between Villa's defence and midfield and receive the ball.

It's very much a defend well and hope for a Villa mistake approach.

We have both ffs, on the bench.

Hate to say it but this is a Pardew performance. Villa couldn't be more down on their luck, and our stand-off tactics have empowered them. They had no foothold in this game until we carved one out of our arse for them to stick their foot in.

Our team has neither a striker who can hold the ball up nor a midfielder with the touch or vision to find space between Villa's defence and midfield and receive the ball.

It's very much a defend well and hope for a Villa mistake approach.

Can only hope Benitez knows the side is still mentally weak after years of being losers, and doesn't want the side to have to defend a 1-0 lead so early :lol:

Watching Rafa those last 5m it seemed to me he's getting exactly what he's asked for. Doesn't look at all flustered or irate.

So, very different second half coming up?

We've been compact and not done much in all of the first halves under him so as far as I remember. Particularly away from home, that's his plan.

WTF is going on.

Same thing that was going on last weekend in the first half. We're shit and playing like it.

Once again relying on a bit of magic from somewhere to beat a terrible side.

Aye I think the win last weekend masked the fact that we were pretty shit in the game . Lucky to win

I think Rafa will tell certain players they have 10 minutes to give it everything and then he'll make changes if he doesn't from the start of the 2nd.

Watching Rafa those last 5m it seemed to me he's getting exactly what he's asked for. Doesn't look at all flustered or irate.

So, very different second half coming up?

We've been compact and not done much in all of the first halves under him so as far as I remember. Particularly away from home, that's his plan.

But what does that achieve when we could be pushing for the goals we need? I don't understand how the caution benefits us.