Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCormack would score 20 plus goals for us which is required for a promotion chasing team, he's not a premier league forward but scores goals in this league just like lovenkrands david kelly etc

sometimes thats what you need

Not that its my money or it should be any concern to us really, but I'd much rather we tried to spend the money on players who could be good in the championship but equally do a job in our first season back in the prem, which is what we should be planning for.

Probably a lot harder to obtain mind.

McCormack would score 20 plus goals for us which is required for a promotion chasing team, he's not a premier league forward but scores goals in this league just like lovenkrands david kelly etc

never been a 1 in 2 striker in his career. for the money banded about you'd expect that.

never been a 1 in 2 striker in his career. for the money banded about you'd expect that.

He's scored better than 1 in 2 a couple of times tbf.

Don't think that makes him worth £10m plus mind.

Where do they get this sh*t, McCormack? no way would Benitez consider, If true Carr is staying & Benitez is off

Why would he not consider it? He's a mobile forward who has decent feet and a good record at this level.

Yep, he seems like a Rafa striker for exactly those reasons. I don't get the hate, he's clearly the kind of player we need.

:lol: apart from the 2 seasons in which he was, of course.

Of course, they weren't in his time at Fulham, where he scored a puny 1 in 2.59 in his first season (in a team that finished 17th) and 1 in 2.14 in this most recent season, when Fulham finished 20th.

#shite

He'll be 30 at the start of the season and has never risen above the Championship.  The idea of signing players who are proven at a lower level is similar to bringing in a manager who's proven at a lower level, its a bit short sighted.  Surely £10m can get someone better, whether proven at Championship level or not.

McCormack would very much be a signing for this division and this division only, I think. Would make sense but sort of short termist. In an ideal world you'd be looking for somebody with the scope to step up the the top flight. Basically I'm talking somebody who isn't one paced and Scottish.

Don't see why we can't add for the future as well as bring in players who'll help us immediately. We need a goalscorer, McCormack's proven. I don't think that precludes buying a younger striker with a higher ceiling as well.

I suppose it'll depend on what Rafa's war chest looks like and/or how much he can scrape from sales.

Horses for courses: Peacock and Kelly.

great times, think I still have a poster of that team somewhere, don't think Kelly got promoted with us, did he not stay in the championship whereas Peacock went onwards and upwards with us, someone will correct me no doubt.